Monday, July 29, 2013

MI DESEO ES SERVIRTE---- (MY DESIRE IS TO SERVE)

WOW my family is gorgeous! I loved all the pictures thank you so much!

It truly amazes me how much I have grown each week. I was really worrying about a lot of things lately not performing as the Lord would have us as a companionship! It all changed in a couple minutes this week!

The beginning of the week some of the members told us that the radio announced that everyone needs to be careful and extra cautious to lock every thing up that even the Mormon missionaries got robbed! Hahaha I was cracking up that they announced it over the radio. (more info in my last letter) Fun times!!!!

Elder Diaz and I were walking through this road and this Evangelical lady was really frustrated trying to get her car started up! We asked if we could help her and she kind of just scoffed and was like whatever! Well, first off the problem was the connection from the pole on the battery and the wire was not there?! It was some copper wire that they had tied on trying to start it! She kept moving it trying to get it to work and it would not give any sign of life!! Then we moved it a tiny bit and told her to try it! She rolled her eyes then turned the key! It fired right up! Her face was priceless! Elder Diaz and I were like-that is what the power of God can do! It was a fun little experience!

Another little funny thing you all won’t think is too funny but I know the brothers will think it’s funny. We passed by to see Silvia, she’s a recent convert and her son Jose and her little grandson Gabriel lives with them too. Gabriel is probably five. He always tries to punch your hand as hard as he can when you give him a pound! He pounded Elder Diaz and then it was my turn and I put my hand out, he wound up and put all his force and strength into that punch, and punched straight into my ring! HAHAHAH I was dying laughing! As I walked away I could hear him tell Jose ``duele my mano el tiene un anillo de acero´´ (my hand really hurts he has a steel ring!) I was cracking up! Kind a felt bad, but now he looks at my hand and punches it really cautiously!

Friday rocked we had a dessert competition with the ward and I made a cheesecake. I got the recipe from an Hermana in my district! You make it in the microwave it was fantastic! It was such a fun atmosphere! We had three judges who judged all the desserts. While they were judging Elder Evans and I took off to the negocio and bought some cheap drinks because the people assigned did not bring their things to the party so we improvised! We got back and they started announcing the top three winners! Started with number three from the first table, then number two from the second table, we noticed their pattern and knew that someone had won at our table! We had made tons of no bake cookies, rice crisp treats and my cheesecake! My cheesecake was #10 when I entered! They announced the winner and the number one position goes to number 10!!!!!! We all freaked-all the missionaries were going crazy cuz we won on our limited budgets and baking skills non the less! It was hilarious! They had me give a speech and all the git up! Then we all just started chowing down on the food! As I was serving everyone Elder Evans whispered to me “hey you have to taste that soda we just bought-it tastes like hair spray with water! ´´ He was right on the dot with that one! It was by far the grossest soda I have ever drank in my life, needless to say cheap is not always the best!

So this Saturday we were walking in the road contacting around the house that our lesson fell through and we walked past this house and I felt something and my companion did to! He said this one! We called to the house and Gloria came walking out to greet us! She said that I can’t listen to you, I have visitors. Pedro mi viejo el le gusta su mensaje! (but my man Pedro he likes this message!) I thought huh interesting? Then Pedro came walking out in his actual cowboy boots and hat! The first western looking cowboy I have seen down here! I told him that I liked his hat and he said something I didn’t understand but I said can we see it! Complete inspiration that question was! We went walking around back and he had a ton of bee boxes and we went in his shack, he pulled down from the rafters a western style saddle! He was pretty proud of his saddle! Then he asked Gloria if we could come in a second time. So she lets us go in their room and talk we sat on his bed and he said he was a member of about 30 years! Less active for 10! Before he was baptized he was a pastor! He is now divorced and living with Gloria. He told us about some crazy dreams that he has been having about him walking down this very scary path and that he can always see another path that is just lit up leading to a glorious city. He could not get them out of his head and had been talking with Gloria knowing they had to get married and he had to return to the church! She finally came into the room and she told us her story and started crying saying that all she wanted was to see her mom again! Then Pedro bore his testimony very strong it was a really cool experience! After that he said to me now you both are going to prepare us for marriage right? I said yes we are! We prayed and left some stuff with them. He then played us a song on his harmonica. The next day Pedro was in church with us!

 After church we went to the house with Victor Sepulveda who just returned from his mission who was a traveling assistant in his mission. I had asked him to help us learn how to plan better in our weekly planning! He told me a lot of things that really made a lot of sense and that just pounded my heart! He said if you have to kneel down 20 times during your planning you do it because you have been set apart and given the keys of revelation for these people to know what’s best for them! I really took that to heart it really hit me hard! I understood that it’s real, that I need to always look for the revelation from God! Later on in the night we were a little confused on our goal for baptisms because we had not really had anyone that was prepared. We had put four because we have a family that is great, but they are not ready yet! I was just so confused when we were telling our goals to Elder Evans and he asked really are you sure? I said NO! I went out into the hall and fell on my knees and prayed the hardest I ever have in my life and I saw in my head and heard Gloria! I went running back in and told him that it was Gloria! It was one of the most powerful moments in my life feeling the spirit is working through me! After that my companion just gave me the biggest hug with teary eyes! We have just been trying everything to make it all come together! We have both grown so much together!

2 Chronicles 7:14 Humble yourself unto prayer!!

I love you all so much and I really am trying my hardest to represent you all the best I can! I know we are going to baptize Gloria. I know that things are going to pick up! We only have struggles to grow and learn. And we are learnin’! I can tell you that!
Love you all so much! I know these things are true with all my heart! Love you all forever!
Love,
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock

Requests-American candy chocolate bars they are way expensive here and I’ve been craving them! No I have not got my package but I bet I’ll get it tomorrow in the district meetings!

Elder Evans warming our rolls!
My amazing cheesecake I made in the microwave!
DELICIOUS!!!
Our Dessert Party
Waiting on the Judges...
So many choices...

Check out all the stuff we made...
Rice Crispy treats, no-bake cookies and "MY CHEESECAKE!"
Great Elders
2nd and 3rd Place Winners with the Chef hats on...
...and the 1st Place Winner is Elder Hancock!!!!!  Woo Hoo!
See how excited we were?!?!
We even got a prize!
Yep that would be 1st Place!!!
Fun times!
Check out the pink walls in our home?!?!?
Elder Lourenco, Me, Victor Sepulveda, Elder Diaz, Elder Evans 

No comments:

Post a Comment