Well this week really was a blessing to me and I learned to put all my trust in the Lord! One day we got home to our house late again and I was about to lose it, but then I just went and kind of hid myself from my companion and the other two elders. I poured my heart out to my Heavenly Father! It was one of the most humble and sincere things I have ever done in my life! Knowing that the salvation of other people rests in our hands was really stabbing at my heart and knowing that we were not accomplishing our purpose! I finally went to find my companion so we could start our planning session for the next day. He had me say the prayer to start our planning session and again I lost my emotions to our Heavenly Father for not being the chosen missionaries that we should be! I said amen and looked at my companion and he started crying and said I’m so sorry! We ended up going to bed around 1 in the morning as he was telling me about his life and what he wants to become and that he is not being the missionary that will make him that man after his mission! He was really not the same person that I had first met! He was baptized about five years ago. He is 23 years old and is really doing good now. This is probably the fastest answer to a prayer that I have ever in my life received. Such a humbling experience how the Lord can change somebody with a stubborn heart to make them "like unto a child" immediately in front of me! Needless to say this week has been a lot better. My District leader Elder Evans who lives in the same house asked me what I did the next day. I said I didn't do it! I know that I was sent here yes to bless people with the gospel but also the companions I serve with too. My patriarchal blessing says “you will be a great influence to your companions in the mission field.” I know this to be true with all my heart! We are getting along so well now I love it!
We just had our first baptism together this week. His name is Elias, he is 11, he is really a special kid. After his baptism the bishop got up and asked him if he wanted to bear his testimony he said, "po supuesto" of course. He bore one of the most precious testimonies I have heard! As tears were flowing down his face he said" this is the greatest blessing in my life" I got a little choked up when he was bearing his testimony! I know my emotions have gotten worse but I really don’t care ever since one of my teachers told me a story about President Eyring in the MTC. President Erying one time asked President Monson how he could control his emotions better as he gave addresses, it embarrassed him! President Monson said “Never try to hide your emotions, it is a phenomenal blessing that your Heavenly Father has blessed you with, It is the way you feel the influence of the spirit and the way you share your love for this Gospel!" Nailed it! This has really helped me not care or be embarrassed crying or leaking tears from my face! Or as Colt would say, “What’s that wet stuff?” Ha! Gotta love that story!
So this week has been amazing in my studies. As I have been studying the Standard of Righteousness of God! Well first to kick it all off we have the commandment in St. Matthew 5: 48 " Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Here we all learn that we must try to become perfect- sweet! It is amazing to think that our Heavenly Father planned it out that through his son Jesus Christ we can become perfect someday!
In Joshua 24:24 "...The Lord our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.” Through his words and according to our obedience depends on how we better ourselves every day.
Leviticus 19:2 "...Ye shall be holy: for I the Lord your God am holy" then in the same chapter vs. 37 "therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments AND DO THEM: I am the Lord" (emphasis added)
There are always questions that I have during my studies and people that I am thinking about. Well the other day I found a great scripture for Dad hahahaha! You’re gonna love this one! It’s found in Proverbs 20:29 "The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is their gray head"!!!!! Hahahahaha! I about cried laughing when I found this for my amazing Dad! Mom told me about the story dad told in Ward Conference about him following his father on that narrow path, he didn’t want to go, but he put his trust in his father! We must put our trust in our Father in Heaven to make all of this happen right?
Psalm 125: 1 “They that put their trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth forever"
Psalm 2 :12 "...Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him." Family this is my challenge for all of us know in our lives if we have not done so to put all of our trust in the Lord, put forth a plan that He may bless our lives in whatever course we must take!
So as for the not so serious part… I’m loosing weight-ha! I’m at about 79 kilos now. I’m on a diet of straight up oatmeal and yoghurt! It’s really helping me out! Deja I always tried to ignore your habits but it’s actually pretty good! And I can eat the whole week for about 12 bucks! Gotta save my money-you know me! As for today as you will see in my pictures we went out and got a 4 dollar complete. It is about a meter long. I finished first! I was kinda proud of myself! So much for loosing weight?!? Well here in San Carlos there are 4 missionaries Elder Evans (Utah) and his new green companion Elder Lourenco (Rhode Island) me and Elder Díaz (Columbia). We all live together in the same house. Elder Lourenco says hi too!
Well everything is going really well now and I’m having so much fun! I love it! I love you all and know that our family is growing because of my service ;) Six I won’t know when I get home! Love you all-forever and always!
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock
These photos are from last week and this week. I will not be able to add any captions as we are out of town-without a computer! So hopefully you can figure most of them out from reading his letters. His letter next week will be late...as we will still be out of town when he sends his
next letter too. Enjoy!
Leaving Ditchato and arriving in San Carlos
 |
| Carmen Sepulveda and I |
 |
| Danny and Jessica and their family |
Me and my best buddy Manuel
 |
| Cristal, Lilian, Alejandro, Me, Fabian and baby Nathanial |
 |
| Rama Marbella |
Our Branch by the Sea
 |
| Alvaro and Alejandro with a message to me! |
Alvaro-great kid!
 |
| Pres. Sergio and Andrea Moreno- amazing family! |
 |
| Ricardo and Yudith and he made this for me! |
Ricardo...waiting to get married...
 |
Rodigo and Carolina getting married!!!!
YEAH! |
 |
| Happy Missionaries to see investigators get married! |
 |
| With Elder Paulson (from Utah) |
 |
| With Elder Diaz (from Columbia) |
 |
| A little muddy?!? |
 |
| Getting shots :/ |
Huge mission conference
the Changing of our Mission Presidents
 |
| Representing our sector |
Great to see so many friends
It's soooo cold and wet here but we keep going!
 |
| Elias Coilef's Baptism |
 |
| with his mama...I just love this kid! |
 |
| All smiles...a very happy day! |


 |
| The Completos are 60 cm long!!!!! |
Each Elder got one and we raced
to see who could eat one the fastest!
GUESS WHO WAS #1
Yeah that would be ME!
Pretty sure we were all miserable from eating so much so fast!
Elder Diaz was last and proud of it?
No comments:
Post a Comment