Monday, July 8, 2013

IT TAKES COURAGE TO GROW UP AND BECOME WHO YOU REALLY ARE!

This was a really cool week! Well I really know now who my patriarchal blessing was talking about! So we met our wonderful new mission president, President Arrington. Holy cow, my relationship is already really good with him and his wife! It talks a lot about him in my blessing! All of the Chillan zones were lined up as he and his wife came through meeting everyone hugging them, talking a little bit, and then moving on! Well everybody was kinda messing around talking and just looking sloppy and well I was just kind of minding to my own business just thinking or not? ha! Finally President Arrington got to me, hugged me really tight and he said you're one of my missionaries I'm looking for as he looked at a list of a couple people! I kinda got nervous when he said that. I was like oh gosh what did I do or forget to do?! Then he said I have heard good things about you from my wife's parents! HUH!?? Yes they met you in the MTC back in February I cracked up-why would they remember me all that time? No clue? Then he said thank you for all your patience with your companion I did read your letter and am grateful for what you are doing! Then came Hermana Arrington, we talked for about ten minutes as President kept walking down the line. After we finished it was really funny as she shook peoples hands to catch up to president. Those missionaries were probably a little mad at me, but oh well! Ha I felt special!

Then one of the assistants Elder Carvajal came up after lunch and started talking with me! He was companion with Elder Diaz too. He said don't worry just love him! That's what I have been trying and it is working. Then he proceeded to say Elder Hancock we expect great things out of you! Ha-no pressure or anything geeze!

President Arrington is amazing he said so many things that are so cool and that just make so much sense! ´´The Lord uses us to create better versions of us in the process´´ ´´IF we want to be nearer to god we have to be willing to go through the tribulations and difficulties ´ ´´If we permit , he will guide us through the experiences to become like him´´ Pretty cool stuff they really are powerful then Hermana Arrington shared ´´My heart got here first then it was easy for the rest of me´´ Easy is enticing, effort is empowering, the result is our choice´´ Desire is everything! This is what I have learned!

This week was kind of funny for me, I'm loosing weight and I still ripped the crotch of my suit pants! Man i feel like David or somethin' hahahah-He is always ripping his pants! I just sat down one day and looked and was like seriously when did that happen! I'm just going for someone cut the stitches or something? ha! Another weird thing is yes I finally broke down and bought a scarf! I never thought they were for men my whole life but man I don't really care now because II'm warm! You all can give me a hard time but oh well!?!?

As for anniversaries and birthdays I'm a little behind so happy birthday everyone and happy anniversary everyone! i just practically turned my calender from June and a week before from May! I'm really bad at that! Funny story that the brothers will get a kick out of! I sleep on the top bunk and the other side is another missionary who's name i cannot mention! Right now but you all know the four that live in the house! I was sleeping like a baby one night and I saw this like flash light whipping around so I woke up and I see the Elder on the top bunk was ripping his sheets and his bed apart! I was like what the heck are you doing its 4:30 in the morning! He paused then knew I was on to him and then I finally said ´´I freakin' peed the bed´´ Ha I died laughing and then his companion was laughing too! Needless to say I laughed my self back to sleep that night! He could have got a way with a clean sleight if he would not have brought the flashlight into it but well he has not heard the end of it yet! Hahahah he's a good sport about it though! It is so cold here no one wants to get out of bed! I still think he would have not got away with it because his companion and I are both light sleepers! ha I still get a kick out of it!

So I have a new name I want to be called by! You all can call me the ´´MATCH MAKER!´´ Yes, I had my third marriage of my mission this morning-most missionaries in the world don't ever have a marriage in their mission! I have three in my first 6 months! Ha sweet! Their names are Daniela and Juan, she is pregnant and due around the same time as you Dawnsheree! We are really trying to get Juan and Daniela to church. It was really cool what the judge said to him! ´´Now Juan you have to be responsible for the well being of your family! Don't think about yourself only-think about them´´ Ha I was amazed that is exactly what I had wanted to tell him!

Another cool story from yesterday is Elder Evans got a call from the zone leaders telling us that we had to find 2 new investigators and put them with a baptismal date and commit them to church before it was time to come back to the house! Oh ok! Sweet, I thought it was a pretty cool challenge! We left immediately to have more time to work. After we left our gate Elder Díaz said our new investigators will be the first people we talk with! So we start walking up the road, contact one man then kept on the path and I saw an older lady with a baby outside their house. I said´´there they are!´´ We told her a little oh ´´pasan´´ Amazing we started teaching Marisol as she was watching he granddaughter Myli. We invited her to church and she accepted, then two people came in the front and my initial though was crap their going to ruin the feeling here but nope it was here daughter Maria, Jose and another grandaughter, Angie(10). We invited both and all of them and they were way excited about it all! Maria lives with her boy friend but they have been talking about marriage, so I taught the law of chastity right then and they agreed! So we are going to be planning another wedding here pretty soon! I really learned a precious lesson that our leaders receive these revelations from God for all kinds of reasons but because He is preparing them and needs us to commit a little more to do it and find them!

Alrighty so I'm a little frustrated because I can't send pics again-ugh its so annoying! This place dose not work good with me sorry family! But thank you for the package I got last week. Mama I loved seeing my friends graduation announcements. Speaking of that can you get me one of those yellow hats they are amazing! The one from my baseball team I kinda have the hook up with the coach ;) I'm sure you could get one for me! Tell them all I'm very proud of them! Tell Myka I love him and am waiting to hear from him! Thank you for the General Conference edition of the Ensign ha now that its almost the next conference, just kidding! Well something very happy is Rodrigo got baptized so flipping happy for that guy!

Favorite saying of my mission so far, Hermana Arrington told me after lunch when we were talking again! From the twelve apostles ´´As you leave you family and serve to Lord to save the souls of other people, when the day comes you will have the opportunity to stand and petition to the Father for the salvation of your family and loved ones´!´ All this because of the service in saving other souls! Please serve and love everyone, it really goes a long ways!
I love you all! Please know that I am trying to serve with all my heart might mind and strength!
Love you all forever!
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock


PS I will send a lot of pics next week promise!

These are pictures that were sent to us of our Conference saying good bye
to our Mission President and Sister Humphrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment