Monday, September 29, 2014

HOW DO YOU WANT TO FACE LIFE?

One day way back when in high school sitting on the baseball field I heard a quote that forever changed my life. We had just got done with a hard practice or game not exactly sure which, when our Coach told us something to help us change our attitudes. He said "Remember this game is all about your attitude! Success in life is 10% of what happens to me (you) and 90% of how I react. As is with our own attitude. " -President Coach Ronald Goodman (Charles Swindoll) I remember that quote often...

This week me and my companion saw some blessings unfold before our eyes as we faced some pretty gnarly trials. It was raining the majority of the week and we were just having no luck getting into homes or having the opportunity to talk with anyone who would willingly listen. Just kind of bummed out me and my companion sat down and talked about why we thought our work was happening the way it was? We both came to the conclusion that the thing that was impeding us from working as efficiently as we could was the slightest negative attitude towards ones surroundings. We fixed the minor details and hit the pavement again. Ha walking out the door the wind was blowing so hard it broke my umbrella! Ha! Man the adversary tried to hit me as I walked right out the door. Shoot I was not going to let him stop me! I threw the umbrella in our yard and took off. Everyone we talked to just stared at me like I was crazy as water streamed down from my face. More people talked to us I think, for straight curiosity of why I was all wet and/or sympathy? Hahaha. It worked! 

Then one day we went to visit Hilda and Ana my converts and we were teaching them and their cousin and neice Katy were there with us. I asked her a question "Why do your want to listen to our message?" She responded because in my church they just read the bible and pray and everybody tends to be the same. But I saw the difference in Hilda and Ana as they started learning and the doctrine is more complete. I want the change that they have had!" Wow! I know that God is perfect and he helps things come about in our lives.
 
Remember that life is hard! We are all imperfect but as Elder Christofferson said "It's one day at a time that we overcome our imperfections" through Christ is how we will achieve such things.
I love you all! Always keep that attitude positive and life will be a lot easier.
Love you Forever,
Elder Hancock
Zone Leaders that will all finish their missions within a few weeks of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment