Monday, September 15, 2014

GOOD FOOD, GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD TIMES! (Oh...and a sweet haircut!)

Man it's so nice being able to have good wholesome activites with others that share the same standards as we do. I looked back on this week as Chile is all preparing for their Independence day (or I should say-week!) There is so much sad stuff that I have seen. It's sad how many people I see down here, passed out in the middle of the side walk because of the influence of alcohol or just because they are super messed up. I have meditated a little bit on the subject and I have realized the huge influence, and blessings that we have through the gospel to have great values and standards that we can follow and have in our lives. This week that is coming up is going to be way fun with the 18th of September being the Independence Day for Chile. As each ward has activities all day that are wholesome and good, one can recognize that we are in the world but not of the world. We all share with each other true happiness, not something that only lasts but for a little while. As we all stay strong to the advice and commandments of our Father in Heaven we will all be happy.

Well, today we did some service, went to fly kites as a zone and then played some soccer. It was way fun but the wind kind of died so we ended up running the kites or walking them hahahah!

So I got a sweet hair cut that was just priceless (as you saw in the pics last week), but luckily my loving sister was thinking ahead when she sent me this sweet package!!!  She sent me some of her hair (hahaha) to help me cover up what happened at the barber shop. Ahhh yeah we went "Big Ballen" this week with  the sickest mullet and sweat band attached!!!!! When we showed up to play soccer Wednesday night everybody was laughing at my sweet new locks! Man, they were not laughing after I put up 10 goals on the score board though! It was the perfect combination-the Nike's on my feet representing Arizona with the Big Baller wings flapping! This whole story is not going to make all that much sense if you don't see the pics below.  (I'm gonna leave that one up to my loving mother.)

Well the great thing about the gospel is we sometimes aren't that successful in everything but through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can start over time and time again. I love you all!
Love Forever and Always,
Elder Hancock

PS: Hey mom say HI to everyone for me please. Well I don't know if I missed some important information about 9 months ago or something but I DIDN'T even know Cheryl was pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to them! She is beautiful! Do you all realize that there are 7 kids that I don't know who are new in our family? How crazy is that? Again...Please tell "Hi!" to the whole family, let them know I LOVE hearing from them even if it's a little something. Happy birthday to dad and Steven and I love you. Have a great week!
Got a package from my sweet sister DawnSheree!
WOO HOO!
And this was the little prize in the package!!!
Yep a "BIG BALLER" MULLET
(sweat band included!)
Off to play soccer...
I'm sure everyone will love it!
Yeah...just like in the USA!

(he didn't give details about the hats-so if anyone knows let me know!)
Can you find me? 


Zone Leaders...taking our Zone to clean up the cemetery
All the "Elders" in our Zone
Add the "Sisters" in our Zone!
Great Boys!

Elder Richardson

"HELPING HANDS"



This upcoming week is Chile's Independence Day so there
are a lot of Chilean flags flying everywhere
After we did our service project
As a Zone we went and flew kites
More like ran with them...because there wasn't any wind?!?



There is a dog always sitting on this wall we call him Spider Dog
So while we were trying to fly kites...we saw a horse and
behind the horse is a naked statue!
Random-Pretty funny huh?
This is the view from President's home
This is where the temple of Concepcion
will be built next to the white building someday
Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment