Monday, April 7, 2014

"We CAN change!"

" These conferences have little value if we are not willing to listen to the advice, act upon it and change." Elder Donald L. Hallstrom of the seventy.

General Conference is always such an amazing experience for us if we allow it to be. I asked in prayer that Heavenly Father would give me like a spiritual boost that I need to change and become better. It was amazing right off the bat…Saturday in the welcoming by President Thomas S. Monson the Spirit came upon me testifying that all of these things are true. I felt such a peace fall upon me it was unreal. I cannot begin to describe the whole experience, but I can testify that our Heavenly Father does love each and everyone of us.

It really made me happy the emphasis that all the leaders put on becoming ready. Have you faith so founded and constantly nourishing it so that when the tempests and storms (mentally, physically, spiritually) come we will not have a problem because as children of God we will know that He will protect us and help us in the pathway that leads back to Him. God is the director of our lives if we let Him. The atonement of Christ gives us the ability to change. I love you all and I am so excited to apply all the great things I learned in conference and see the positive change that comes from it. Conference is so powerful!

Ha one of my investigators Pilar came with her little boy Benjamin and afterwards we went through the church giving her a tour and we went into the family history center with a sister and she was blown away. Hermana Patricia Miranda said "espero que le vemos pronto" Hope we see you soon and Pilar said "no sepreocupe voy a venir muy seguido" I will be coming very often. Me and my comp got so excited! She said she felt the same warm feeling inside that she did when she prays, reads, and comes to church. Everyone of us can progress each and every day if we are willing.

Love you all keep safe and healthy. Just loved the pics of our family…we look so darn happy-I just love it! Yes I am fine the 8.2 earthquake was no where near, nor did I feel it. But yes, I have felt them before and it’s pretty sketchy. Ha seems like your in a snow globe getting shook up. Ha!
Love you,
Elder Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment