Monday, March 10, 2014

¡WoW!

So this week was full of interesting experiences, none of which I was expecting! This Thursday we had an amazing conference with Elder Zeballos of the Seventy. I went with a question in my heart about how I can keep progressing and wow was my prayer answered! Elder Zeballos talked about a lot of stuff with us and one of the stories that he shared with us really answered my prayers! Potential! He started talking about when his children were a lot younger, his son said “Dad I want to go and climb that mountain! In Antofagasta, Chile where he lives, it is just pure sand and sun-No vegetation whatsoever! They live really close to the ocean and then it has a mountain in the distance! He procrastinated the trip to the top of the mountain until his little son scheduled it into his planner so he had to do it! He finally went with his sons early in the morning! They got to the top of the mountain, being blown away with what was on the other side! Another giant mountain peak that they had no clue was there until they reached their goal! The great thing about it is, they went another Saturday to climb that mountain of sand to find another giant hill on the other side of the second mountain, only because they reached their next goal-little by little.

The part that really amazes me is I likened it to us being Children of God, with our potential of where we can go or who we can become in our lives, we have no limit! We can not truly understand the part of our potential until we get to a certain part or point in our lives, then we can realize what is the next thing that lies ahead for us! I almost got emotional thinking that I was not progressing and then I felt the love of my Heavenly Father when He answered my prayer like this! We never can give up because there is so much more that lies ahead for us! Just always remember that our potential has no limits!!!!

So funny story for ya’ll! One day we were working in the morning getting things done and we went to get our clean clothes from being laundered. Ha Last week I was riding with all my clean clothes on my bike and the bag broke and my “clean” clothes went all over the road so needless to say I didn’t have many clean clothes when I got home. But this weeks experience was waaaaayyyyyyy cooler! So we were late for lunch hauling a lot of clothes because of so many of them being dirty from the week prior! There was a lot of traffic in the street and a school had just let out for lunch! We get cruzin’ on those bikes and I was leading. We got to a part that was really congested, a line of cars on one side and kids and families on the other side. I saw this family in the distance who had a son that was about 13 years old and chunky too! When I got about ten feet from him he looks both ways for cars and bolted right in front of me! Learning in football if there is not a hole to go through you gotta make one!!!! More people on one of my sides, cars hauling on the other side and behind me, so I put my shoulder into it and lit him up! I swear the kid went flying through the air at least five feet. I ate asphalt, landing on my wrists and left shoulder! Ha I got up quick not feeling anything just trying not to get run over. I was more worried about the kid cuz I knocked the air clean out of him! Haha I totally understand why Chileans don’t pay football now! But the kids parents were so mad at him for trying to cross the busy street! I went trying to offer help towering over the dad (if you can imagine that?) He looks up at me and his eyes got huge yelling "No everything is good man!" Needless to say we got to lunch a little late and my wrists got jacked up-but now I don’t feel them!
Love you all and hope the best for you all! Thank you all for your birthday wishes I really can’t believe that it is my second birthday in my mission. I loved the pictures too. Happy Birthday Alaya and Dustin this week too.
Love forever AND always,
Elder Hancock
After my CRASH!!!!



My drawing from my planner after the talk
That would be Elder Allred

Elder Catron always clowning around!
Parral District
Our Parral Zone
Yeah...service project
Exercising while serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment