Wow this week was a really cool learning experience! My District and Zone has really been having a hard time getting people to church and as their leader it all depends on me teaching them how to do so! I have been on my knees a lot trying to figure out how to help them. I finally came across a scripture in my personal studies that will mark my life forever! I actually was in a bus traveling when I found it and mark it but then I re-read and it hit me! Mosiah 2 :34 "...ye are eternally indebted to your Heavenly Father, to render to him all that you have and are..." So this is what my class or discussion was about just trying to help all the missionaries understand that we all are called of God because He trusts in us that we will serve with all our hearts, mind, might, and strength.
I afterwards found a quote that was super cool that says "You have had eternity to prepare for your mission, and you’ll have eternity to reflect on it but you only have 2 years to live it" This really had such a great affect on the district as we all discussed where we can better ourselves and what we are going to do to better the things we are doing!
This week in my district we brought 7 investigators with a baptismal date. It was so cool! The impact that the scriptures have in our lives, it never ceases to amaze me! The ability that we have to receive revelation in our personal lives from our Heavenly Father! Serving a mission has definitely been the best decision of my life! Working with the Lord is the only way to do it! As it promises in Jacob that the Lord works with his servants in the vineyard! It has been really hard these past couple weeks but please keep praying! (for my companion he is a great kid just needs a lil’ help)!
(We sent him a picture of a buck that was near the wash…this was his reply:)
That is a pretty sweet buck not going to lie but I have never seen him before! I do know “of” him though, that big funky shed that we had up on the gun cabinet for quite a while is his! His rack is a little funky because his back legs have grown weird. The left side is a whitetail rack with a little drop tine and then the right is straight up mule deer. He may a hybrid because of his body size which is very small for a mule deer buck of his age! But hey he is a stud any day! Try and get that shed and you can match it up perfectly with that buck!(Yep he's still Dillon!)
Ha love you all…HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alaya, Dustin, Andreas, and Meagan
I love this work, love you all and am so grateful for the support that you all give me constantly! I can feel your prayers.
Love forever and always,
Elder Hancock






No comments:
Post a Comment