Monday, March 3, 2014

THE ATONEMENT OF CHRIST

It really never ceases to amaze me how much love my Savior, Jesus Christ has for all of us! I really have been thinking about this a lot lately in how missionaries could not do this really difficult work without the Saviors help! I am not going to lie it is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my 19 almost twenty years of my life! As we sweat energy, shed tears, wear blisters into our feet, throwing up all weekend, just knowing that my Savior went through all these things. I really feel and know that He loves me-personally! My opinion is that the secret to missionary work is love! Love for the Savior and for our Heavenly Father first, and then for all those that are around us-at all times!

This week I had a really cool experience confirming this, that love has changed a lot of things here! My companion really was at the point where he didn't want to give it his all, he was just enduring to the end-half effort. I was on my knees a lot knowing that my Heavenly Father had trusted me with a great responsibility to help him. I've been studying days, and weeks waiting for a feeling or an impression from the Holy Ghost to tell me what to do and when to do it. It really was amazing how my companion has been changing. We sat down and I shared a bunch of scriptures with him hoping to help him understand better the doctrine of our calling! That night we hadn't had the best of days, I was sick, but he was running around like a little kid! Saying "Elder I love this! I love being a missionary!" It about made me cry seeing his joy (or I should say it about made me throw up because I had got food poisoned at lunch!) One of the two ha?!?

We also found a less active Pedro that has two little children Emmanuel (9) and Fransisca (12) His wife left them a couple years ago and they have not been doing to good. His daughter lives in a Girls home. By law she can't live with her dad because there is not a woman in the house. He started crying when we got to his house, he love his children so much. He went to church with Emmanuel yesterday and they loved it! Now we have to go back to the Girls home to receive permission that Fransisca can go to church with all of us too! I know that our Heavenly Father guides us where He needs us to go, sometimes just to touch the lives of His children and remind them of the love He has for them.

I Love my Heavenly Father, my Savior, My FAMILY, and my mission.
I know these things that I am sharing are true with all surety of my heart!
Love you all!
Love Forever and Always,
Elder Hancock
Parral Chile where I am serving
SERVICE PROJECT...
Elders Catron (Argentina), Allred (Arizona),
Rhodes (Utah) and ME!
Gathering rocks for some drainage ditch thing
Some of the country side...

Nothing like being in the country...
I LOVE this barn!


Wide open spaces...is where I belong!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment