Wow what a humbling experience! I do have to say that training my new companion Elder Rodriguez from Milan Italy is one of the hardest things a missionary can do, but also the most rewarding! My companion comes from a family of 6 kids- 3 boys 3 girls. His 4 oldest siblings served missions, he is a great kid! He is kind of a gangster, it cracks me up! He has a bunch of pictures of him and grafittied walls where somebody sponsored him to paint! His artistic skills are amazing! He drew Joseph Smith during the first vision in 15 minutes! He really has such a desire to learn! Of which I am so grateful!
It’s so hard doing the things kind of by yourself! The Assistants said in the training for trainers “You will feel like you are alone for a little bit but give them the best experience that they can have!”
Elder Rodriguez and I were walking home to the house last night and he was like ``This is amazing!´´ “What is?” I asked he said ``Your spirit and how you make almost everybody cry from the spirit you bring and the scriptures you use to help them understand. It is truly amazing!!!´´ It was kind of true because our last two lessons of the day were very special for me! I then said to him `` You can do the same thing! Stop thinking and just feel!´´ We have to listen to the people to understand what they need! As it says in Preach My Gospel don’t be afraid of silence! I used to love to talk every minute of the lesson but now I love when there is silence because the Holy Ghost is there and will testify to them and tell us what to do! Like it says in the Book of Mormon the spirit will bring the truth to the hearts of the people! I love how I have changed spiritually in my mission. I know that I am closer to my Heavenly Father and My Savior Jesus Christ! I love you all and remember that the time of the Savior’s coming is close!
Always be obedient to the things that we have been commanded and we will all be alright!
Love,
Elder Hancock
PS-Ask David…he knows about the little girl I talked about her in David’s letter. She is the one I built the tower with! Her name is Alexandra but we call her Alli!
 |
| Me and cute little Alli |
 |
| Familia Molina |
 |
| Me and my comp Elder Villarroel |
 |
| Saying good-byes... |
 |
| My new companion Elder Rodriguez from Milan Italy |
 |
| A brand new missionary! |
 |
| His balloon that I got him when he arrived |
 |
| The Elders names that pertain to the countries on the balloon |
 |
| Of course I am "Lightning!" |
 |
A very poisonous spider I caught I killed it after I asked Elder Montaña |
No comments:
Post a Comment