So Monday it all started out with the baptismal interview of Noelia and she passed with flying colors! Well obviously- because she got baptized! Well once a gain the amazing water heaters here in Chile didn’t work again! So the water was a little bit cold! It was unreal actually! I got in and was just breathing way deep trying to stay calm so Noelia wouldn’t freak out. Well she did! It took about 10 minutes for her to get in the water and she could not stop laughing! So I said the words and she was running so she didn’t have to go under- it was funny! We had to do it again, so the second try you just gotta use the man power that God has blessed us with and I just put my foot behind hers and well we all have our techniques right? She was way excited and shot right up out of that water! One of the funniest baptisms I have ever been to!
This week my companion also had the great experience to go to a conference for new missionaries for two days! Wednesday we were in a trio Elder Richardson, Elder Montaña and I! We went to visit Maria ines! Wow is all I could say, but I’m gonna say a lot more! This lesson was very special for me as she said that she went to the Catholic Church for the last time this last week! It was funny the way she said it. She said Elder Hancock I think God is giving me signs for every thing because everything I have been reading in the Book of Mormon and the Bible references baptism! She Read in Acts 10 about Cornelius and a bunch of other stuff! She told us about the changes that are happening and everything! She told the other missionaries about the day when I found her! It’s so amazing how Heavenly Father prepares the people! She said that her day had been horrible and she had been crying the whole morning and was cleaning and looked out the window and saw us walking up to the door and she said to herself ``I thought this day couldn’t get any worse?!´´ Ha I was laughing! But she still opened the door and the reason she let us in was because she felt our love and concern from offering to share a prayer with her! She also remembers the words I said when I introduced the Book of Mormon to her! I said`` Este libro va a cambiar su vida le prometo como represenante de Jesucristo´´ She cannot stop reading now! So after this in the lesson she said she was going to church this week, and she did!
She and 8 other investigators went to church! We had 9 investigators 7 of which are progressing towards baptism! We will be having a couple more baptisms within this month! So right before church Hermano David Fernandez asked me if I would take the High councilors position in the program “Sure” I said! Well we know how much time they have to speak and not having prepared anything I went to my Study Journal that I brought to church! Boy Scouts-we’re always prepared! I talked about the 4th Article of Faith! I can really say that it was the first time in my life where I have felt so comfortable talking. I felt the spirit working through me as I saw my investigators zoned in on what I was saying, soaking up every word! There was one moment that really shocked me about thirty seconds of pure silence it was truly amazing! I have never felt such power speaking and working through me! After church I asked my companion if he felt the same thing about the silence. He was like ``Yeah I have never felt the spirit so strong!” Then a less active visitor said she felt the silence like a minute long in my talk! I knew the spirit had also touched Maria because I received a call from a member friend of Maria ines! She said Maria ines called her and said that she absolutely loved the church and that she knows it is true now! She said yep I’m going to get baptized now! Incredible!
Afterwards we went to the house of Sebastian whose mom has not talked to us for a while and we need her permission for him to be baptized but she was not home! But then we received some awesome news that she wants to meet with us next Sunday to ask Sebastian questions so she can see if he is prepared or not! So I was about to cry yesterday I was so excited!
Heavenly father is really blessing us all with the things we cannot even imagine! 1 corinthians 2:9 and Doctorine & Covenants 38:30 ``mas si estais preparados no temeries´´ if we are prepared we will not fear!
Thank you everyone for your letters-they were so cool! I loved them all! Auntie Karen I got your letter too! Thanks so much!
Love you all and wish you all the best Thanksgiving ever!
Happy birthdays to all I have missed too!
Love,
Elder Hancock
Elder Curtis
Rotten Avacado that I exploded on the wall ;)
My companion Elder Rodriguez's Birthday!
I gave him my best tie for his B-day!
Noelia Fernandez's Baptism
























No comments:
Post a Comment