He came to the mission knowing it was the thing to do but didn’t know what to do. At first I knew he was a little frustrated because the things he was reading every day in our studies for two hours wasn’t staying in his head! Normal is just one hour of personal study time but I can’t get enough so we get up an hour earlier to study more! It s fantastic!!! But we sat down the other day and I told him Elder if you study the things will stay in your head! Jesus Christ taught that we need to study them not just read!
St. John 5:39 So I taught him a bunch of little tricks that I have come up with that I wish I would have been taught earlier on in my mission. Like I have 24 different colored pencils with a certain definition for each color, then I have tons of note books too that are full of distinct themes! So he started studying like this and he was like oh wow you were right I remember and I understand! He is loving it and just every day tells me thank you for the spirit that I help him feel. I always tell him its not me! He now has plans to finish his studies when he gets home!
Anyway fun story, I had a mini cambio with Elder Jorge one of the Mission Presidents traveling assistants this week. It was so much fun, it was pouring rain on us but the blessings were incredible! We went to a lesson with member for one of my investigators Maria who I found one day. She told me she went to her council meeting in the Catholic Church and renounced he position and shared the Book of Mormon with them all and she told them it would change their lives!!!! Then she said the nuns chewed her out and started calling us a sect and everything!! Ha! She truly is amazing! She was like `` Hancock I’m not very far in my reading. I’m in 2 Nephi 16 in one week! Elder Jorge’s jaw dropped! His face was priceless. Then he said “yeah that’s pretty good !” As we left the house she accepted a baptismal date and he was like wow she is golden! Then he asked how I found her? I said “I said a prayer for her in her house and then as I was leaving she asked if we could come back! Now she can get enough of the gospel!”
Tambien we have two baptisms this week we are hoping! I know that Noelia a really good friend who is 13 and really wants to be baptized! We are probably going to baptize her this Sunday or the next Saturday! We will see today in her interview! Then we are just waiting for permission from Sebastian’s mom who is ignoring us which is really sad. I never said anything bad to her she just does not have good relationships with the ward! Esteban and Rosi said to say hi to ya all and that they love you and are going to come visit our family one day! So after the mini cambio the next day with Elder Jrge he said “Elder can we talk about the cambio?” Yeah! He said “I learned things from you that I have not learned in my 25 months out here. Your confidence in God is incredible and your planning was very well organized!” I laughed because they were not the best of plans but it worked out because one of the hermanos just drove us around in his car racking up the lessons with the members! I learned so much from him about how to work with the members- it was awesome! In the Liahona (The Ensign) October copy “apresurando la obra de salvavión.”
Hastening the Work of Salvation (click on it and it will take you to it.)
Read it as a family please!
Love you ALL! Thank you for your prayers and love!
Love forever,
Elder Hancock
![]() |
| Me with Elder Jorge |
![]() |
| Noelia, Natali, and Lidia |
![]() |
| Check out this lizard he turned green to blend in with the bush |
![]() |
| We put a pass along in the Santo |
![]() |
| Oh yeah...we went to the zoo this week too! |
![]() |
| Me and Elder Rodriguez |
![]() |
| Found some of my favorite things! |
![]() |
| Hahahahhaha! I didn't open it mom!!! |
![]() |
| (Yes...he told me he got his Christmas package and opened it! I asked him not to open it until December 1st if he got it that quick-in which he did!) |















No comments:
Post a Comment