This week was really, really hard trying to get into houses talking to so many intercoms and not people! But through our diligence we found 8 new investigators! We had 5 investigators, 6 less actives and 4 new converts in church this week! Ha!
The cool part of 6 of the new investigators came in between sessions. After the Saturday morning session I was in the bathroom (meditating) HA! And a sudden a thought came into my head! Go to the less active Fernandez family now! I yelled to my companion who was in the other bathroom? ''ELDER! WE GOTTA GO!!!!'' We did quick work and took off! We had met this less active family this week and they had told us that they have 3 daughters that are not baptized, and they shared with us that they wanted them to be baptized!! We were cruising and got there invited them, they accepted and we got to conference all sweaty from running! The blessings of diligence and listening and following the promptings of the spirit! Always be ready cuz you really never know when it’s gonna hit ya!
Then earlier in the week we had taken an invitation to some antiguos- past investigators that were super good! I was chillin’ in the English room eating cookies and stuff and I walked out and my companion was about to do a back flip! He was like they came-the Gasparini family came! I was like No way! Prior they had not really had a good experience or relationship with the previous missionaries! As in they were called to repentance! Geeze? But we had gone over to their house this week and we really just got to know them! Their desires as a family are truly incredible. We talked with them and they told us how they wanted to be sealed as a family! That was their questions that they had for us! We drew out examples and said for your daughter when she gets married Luciana and her non member husband they can have this too (with a little work.) Then her dad piped up and said he has to be baptized so we can all be together! I was truly amazed! It was really touching to get to know these people who prior had not let us in their house! It’s amazing what a little love and interest can do for somebody! They came to General Conference and loved it and are excited to start listening to us now!
As for the weird but funny part of the week was a mini-cambio with Elder Curtis! I do have to say us gringos have quite a fan club! We were in his sector and these teenage girls kept following us for ever! We ditched them and taught one of his families that is investigating the church as well! Then we came out and about 5-10 minutes later and they had found us again this time they had all their guy friends too! The girls kept saying hi and I love you! Then one of the young men said a word in English and so I turned around and started talking really fast in English! The look on their faces ''Priceless!'' Ha! But we invited all the young men to play ball with us and they were so excited! As we turned around and started on our way I heard one of the young men yell “Hey next Thursday at 8:00 we are playing at the Mormon chapel!” I told Elder Curtis that he is going to be a future missionary! It’s unreal how often this happens!
I was also invited to the beach on the phone the other day by a girl; I was like yeah I can’t! (And wouldn’t!) I’m just going to have my companion talk to her from now on! It’s not like we can just forget about her because she is a recent convert and she and her dad are active! We ALWAYS take members to the appointments-for safety! Ha I was laughing so hard last time Belen is her name and she is so funny she jokes all the time, but is a snake too, so you don’t really know when to take her serious! The other day I asked for references and she said '' ¡NO! Mis amigas le comerian como pollo con papas fritas'' She said it really fast so I didn’t catch it all but I kind of got it when my companion turned red when he is brown! I was laughing afterwards! I’m just so grateful for how strong my Heavenly Father has helped me become and he protects us!
Today we went and ate at a restaurant called Mammut! Mammoth! We all shared our family pictures it was incredible! Elder Richardson from Mesa Arizona gave me his family pic! I looked at it then looked at it again and his siste- in-law is Mandy Trejo!!!! I was like no way! Then the next Elder Heyman from Chandler Arizona gave me his pictures and I know his ex-girlfriend Sydney! I was busting up laughing! I knew someone in both of their photo albums! Fun times!
Well my hands are cramping so I think its time to be done! I love you all! I know this church is true and that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God! I love you all and just keep looking forward at our goal! Never look back and never dwell on the past!
Love forever and always,
Elder Hancock
![]() |
| Elders Villarroel, ?, ? Scott, Evans, Hancock, Zanotti (left to right) |
![]() |
| General Conference |
![]() |
| My companion...Elder Villarroel |
Chiguayante where I am serving...
the Bio Bio River is in the background
![]() |
| THE MISSION PRESIDENT'S HOME |
![]() |
| Being crazy and weird! |
Me and Elder Curtis
![]() |
| We went and ate at a restaurant called Mammut-Mammoth! |
![]() |
| Elder Curtis's looks just like mine! |
![]() |
| My picture of my food! Just for Grammy ;) |















No comments:
Post a Comment