Monday, October 14, 2013

HOLY SMOKES...I'M SWEATING LIKE CRAZY!

Well my shirts and underwear are changing colors because of me sweating so much! It's not even that hot here yet, I'm just in really bad shape, I am getting a little chunky! I never thought the day would come. Well it comes when your sector is so tiny. I just need to take a couple laps around the sector before I start to work everyday. As for this reason I take whatever chance I get to go and do service.

Every Thursday we go with Hermano Juan Venegas to chop down trees down by the river. Juanito loves me because I can chop down like 15 trees and have them cleaned in about twenty minutes! We took some pitures of me hauling out the trees.  All the other missionaries were hauling one or two? Hauling out the trees is the hardest part...It's just like hunting!  It's all way fun and such an adventure until you have to haul the animal out! That's the part that stinks-but it's still worth it! 

It is so much fun serving others.  I've always wondered why I love giving service to others?  Then I realized it's through the example that my dad has always set for me! My companion and I have been talking lately about this same thing. He asked "Why do you like service so much?" It made me start thinking...I remember when I was a little puck teenager always wanting to do my own thing or get something out of it! When dad took me to serve widows or other people I was usually thinking many times in my head ``I sure wish I could get paid for this!´´  I always saw the love in the eyes of my father as he served others! Over the years I have learned of the pure love of Christ and that we need to love and serve all those that are in need!  My companion then told me ``I don't want to focus on that, I want to focus all my efforts on serving the Lord.´´  Then I replied with this scripture "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."   When I read this scripture to him, he got teary and said thank you!  

I have gotten to the point where almost every answer pertaining to the missionary work that we are doing I can answer with a scripture! Ha if you all knew my knowledge of the scriptures before the mission you would not belive what I have recieved! My Heavenly Father never ceases to amaze me with what He can do through us if we are only willing. This is my invitation to you all, please do get out of your comfort zones and invite all the people you can to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. This truly is the greatest service that we can possibly do in this life for someone else! 

I love you all and I am so greatful for what you all do for me. Thank you for giving me so many amazing experiences that I can use and apply in my mission and my life! 
Love you all forever,
Elder Hancock
Chopping and clearing trees by the Bio Bio River

These lilis grow wild down here...
like a weed?!?

I got the Halloween package!
This is where I am serving.
Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment