Wow I have not laughed so much in my mission than I have in this past week! My companion and I are truly becoming the best of friends. It's the first time I have felt like I'm with my family in my mission! I am always laughing and my companion loves it. He always calls me his amigo instead of companion! Through this unity we are doing a lot better in our work! It was very special this week my companion was able to recieve his Patriarchal Blessing and it gave him a new energy! This last Friday we had to go the Presidents house to get the reccomend signed and we had one on one time with him and the assistants! I had to take advantage of asking them personally what they have done in certain situations or what we could do better in these situations! One of the things I loved was Elder Carvajal said "confiar que las cosas van a funcionar, y funcioná" trust that the things will work, and they will! Many times we have those little doubts that really are good for nothing right?! Just like Peter when he was walking towards the Savior and then he got scared doubted a little and started to sink, but the cool part is if we doubt He will lift us up as He did with Peter. Then the Savior teaches us through questions that we should not doubt when we are with Him "Oh hombre de poco fe porque dudaste" (Oh thou of little faith because of doubt.) We applied this to the end of our week and it was truly amazing!
We will be having a baptism in two weeks! Sebastian a little stud. When I asked him why he wanted to be baptized his answer was ``Porque yo quiero ser un Elder (misionero) tambien´´ (because I want to be an Elder (missionary) also.) It's really special to see the happiness in my companion because this will be the first baptism that he will have in his mision! I have really started thinking about his happiness and his success and it really is special to really see it happiness come into somebodies life!
I also had a really cool experience just a little while ago where Elder Baudon (Argentina ) yelled
``El famoso Elder Hancock!´´ He is serving in Dichato right now and he says that the people will not quit talking about me! It really made me feel special! Another thing that made me so happy is that this last Sunday Manuel blessed the sacrament for the first time! Oh my heart about exploded with joy knowing how scared he always was and never wanted to do it! I know that as long as we are doing our best in following His commandments the Lord will change us! I love you all.
Love forever and for always,
Elder Hancock
 |
| Elder Baudon from Argentina...now serving in Dichato |
 |
| I love getting letters from home... |
 |
| This one is from the Young Women in my ward! Thanks! |
 |
| I love even more getting packages from home! |
 |
| I have missed Oreos! |
 |
| Using our imagination to add weight! |
No comments:
Post a Comment