One of my investigators Gladys went for her second time and is stoked for her baptism. I sat dead in front of the pulpit with her and Benjamin her 3 yr old grandson! He is a hand full but it’s not like I don’t have nephews so I handled it just fine! I think my Heavenly Father has bettered my drawing skills because I can now draw some awesome trucks and planes! She loved it, she was not even focused on Benjamin-he was all on me. Then he went to primary and she was cracking jokes like crazy in Gospel principles! I was rolling! She was the first person at the church even before the bishop! Well we got there a couple minutes before she did thank goodness!
Well another awesome story was the other day we were really having a hard time knowing where to go during our planning session. Then I really looked at the map and I circled a group of pasajes (passageways) then my companion said that one Pje Republica! We went up there the following day and the second door we knocked on Claudia opened the door and said come on in! SWEET! Was my very first thought, my second thought was there is a lot of wood that needs chopped ha! We got in her home and found out she is a single mother with 5 children the youngest twin girls who are like three! I said can I chop your wood as I stood up and took off my jacket. Pretty much implying that I was headed to do it! She said really happy ``I’ll go get the axe!´´ Man I went to town and knocked out that whole pile as she and my comp were stacking it! My companion was amazed he said ``I thought you were joking when you said you like to chop wood, you are the best chopper I have ever seen ´´ Ha I felt pretty good! Afterwards we scheduled an appointment to come back surprisingly because I put a lot into the last log and stuck it good but the axe head broke clean out!! I was cracking up! We are going back today! Stoked! But the cool part of it all was that she said she saw us on the bus to Chillán and felt something really good. And then the same kids showed up at the door and something made her answer the door as she described it to us! It was really something special to hear and see!
Another great thing that happened was that the girl that we contacted with her mom in the street the other day Sara, she came to church by her self it was stellar! Then we found a less active who said she was ready to come back to church so we passed by and taught her with her three daughters. Her little 9 yr old Camilla is not baptized but wants to be and her sister Vanessa was baptized last year and they just loved being at church!
Then Victor (Grammys friend on facebook) his dad Ceasar who we have been teaching just showed up randomly to church without his children he came after them but he really had a big smile on his face when every body shared their love with him. Yeah!
The following is a really special experience with my main man Pedro! Again my heart was just filled with so much love! We really can only teach him once a week after church and so I had the idea that I was going to help him get out of his hole a lot faster than he could by himself! I prepared myself and so we got to his house and he had a huge smile so we started teaching him with a prayer and stuff! He said that he wanted to share his testimony so bad in church but for some reasons he can’t just yet but he is working so that the bishop will let him! I told Pedro that he needed to stop smoking and drinking to be able to sooner. I told him a story that I love to share with people trying to stop addictions! It goes: ``back in olden times with robbers they would chop their hands right off! To make them suffer so much more they would chop it a little bit off at a time! This is the same with addictions if you try to stop it a little at a time it will make you suffer more but if you just chop it all off at once, it still is going to hurt but there will not be as much suffering! ´´I said will you stop it all right now?” Yes he said I have a good reason! And yes with a giant smile. I then said Pedro will you kneel with us and ask your Heavenly Father for the strength that you need to do this? He offered one of the most humble sincere prayers I have heard in my life as he stood with tears in his eyes shaking I said ``Jesus le ama´´ el respondio ``Yo se´´ (I said “Jesus loves you”, he replied “I know!”)He then handed me his cigarettes and is clean! He really is such an amazing man who is ready to change!
I know that Jesus loves me and will bless us all and help us to change; he loves each and every one of us! Through our efforts we will see the fruits! This is the true Church upon the face of the earth and I have no doubt! Love you all and please keep Gladys in your prayers that she will remain strong like she is right now! Oh yeah ha minor detail Elder Walter F. Gonzalez of the Seventy came and trained us all. I have too much to say about that but its in my journal so I won’t forget ha!
I love you all and I have the best family in the world!
LOVE you all forever and always,
Elder Dillon Hancock








































No comments:
Post a Comment