Then we were walking down the road the other day (literally-I like to walk in the middle of the road) but anyway I saw these two women, a mom and her daughter and normally I don’t contact women unless they look responsible or I feel something like I did this time! I told my comp we were going to talk with them and he was like all right lets do it! We did and the mom was like naah. I was a little hesitant in saying that we could pass bye later and share a message with the family! As we were about to just head on our way Sara her daughter said hey I’d like to listen to your message! We were stoked she told us we could come by Sunday at about 4 and so we did and we had one of the most stellar lessons! She is catholic and said that she just feels that there is a hole in her that can’t be filled! At the end of the lesson she said that she thinks that hole just got filled as we shared testified and then tears swelled in her eyes as she felt the truthfulness of our message through the Holy Ghost!
It truly is something special that Elder Periera and I have together. We are such opposites that with the spirit we make one! We have so much unity and I just have been helping him pull his confidence out of his backpack where it has been hidden for 17 months and he is approaching people in the street without me telling him to now! I Love it! I know that I am being blessed with the opportunity to help my companions, not only for their missionary service but for their lives afterwards also! My Heavenly Father is continually blessing me!
This Sunday my companion gave a stellar talk in sacrament meeting on the atonement of Christ, then afterwards I taught the lesson in Elders Quorum on Obedience! MY FAVORITE! It all went really well in our opinions and then we went to visit my dear friend Pedro who I found one day and has been attending church since! He said how much he was enlightened today in all the classes he said how it really hit him and that he enjoyed church so much that it went by in like a minute! And that he was not full of shame being there and that when he was asked to give the prayer he did not even hesitate this time and jumped up right away! It was really cool today in Gospel Principals we were talking about how certain people will influence the lives of people! Pedro said´´ Before Elder Hancock came to my house I had been inactive for more than 10 years and many missionaries had passed by my house without even really getting to know me! Then one day my fiancé Gloria came to get me and said the Mormons are here again and I came out and they just started a conversation with me about how much they liked my boots and western sombrero cowboy hat. Then I told them I have a western style saddle outback and he asked if he could see it! So they got in and really blessed my life. A couple days before they came by I was telling Gloria that I needed to go back to church and well I have not missed since Elder Hancock came by my house´´
I know and bear testimony that people have been prepared for us like Pedro! I know that I have not baptized a ton of people but I sure have brought a lot back to church! In Dichato we reactivated more than 15 and here it’s still going up ! Every missionary’s mission is different and I really have focused that every soul is great in the sight of God!
Another fun experience is we got our new family to church Angelica, Ramon, Jonathan, and Tamara! We have been teaching them a lot and Ramon said a prayer the other day that just cracked me up, needless to say it did him to as he was laughing during the prayer! He was ending his prayer when he said ´´Oh and will you make it so it’s not so cold here?´´ They are the family I had in the picture last week mom the young family.
Hey I love you all with all my heart and I will let you know when I get my package but it has not come through yet! Oh yeah mom…about that stink bomb that we blew up in the church-the memory that David told you about…was totally not my idea!!! I just had it in my pocket saving it for a rainy day! ha! I was going to use it when people weren’t going to have to run outside because of the smell! I bought it through the local black market in St. David school-ha-I was in like the fifth grade!!! Fun memories!
As for me getting skinny, well you know me and my money! Stingy! I eat oatmeal all week long and well we will just say I’m healthy? ha! Love you all and please know that I never forget about you! These people just need more of my attention right now! Always keep lovin’ all those around you and don’t be afraid to share the gospel!
Love you all,
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock
![]() |
| Bishop Juan is a karate instructor and I had his special-ED helmet on! Planning with the Elders Quorum |
![]() |
| My new method of teaching for the less educated people The pyramid of truth! |
![]() |
| This stick represents the day that changed my life! Long story... |
![]() |
| Our lunch that we bought today- Ha! A whole chicken $4 bucks! |
![]() |
| Elder Periera enjoying his half of the chicken. |
![]() |
| So mom & half the sisters-Deeds and Dawnsh I found the perfect door for you all Oh & you too...Dustin!?!?! |









Haha! I like it :)
ReplyDeleteDustin commented that he noticed Dillon was only a few inches taller than the door?!
Delete