Monday, September 9, 2013

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN IN OUR LIVES

First off it’s about time we beat Joe City! (Just had to comment on our St. David football team!)

You all are probably going to freak out and not believe what an amazing and humbling experience my companion and I had this week! It all started out this last Tuesday in our district meeting. We were reviewing the status of our zone and how we were doing for the month of September! It was all smooth and then they said the people who were going to be baptized the next weekend...and as they read the names one of them was our investigator!!! I had no clue! I said that’s news to me as I looked at my companion and his jaw was dropped!!!! So when we were separated for classes I talked to Elder Aguirre (my previous companion and now my Zone leader) and asked him what was up! He said Elder Luzuriaga said you all asked for your baptismal interview for Wednesday! HAHAHAHA?! Well maybe an interview of support?  They said she has the assistance so today (Tuesday) ask her what she wants and we will see what we need to do! I was like alright we will see? I really was not sure how she was going to react?

So we got to Gladys house that night and I said ´´Gladys do you want to get baptized after church this Sunday?´´ she got a big ol’ grin on her face and said ´´Yeah! I do! ´´ I got tears in my eyes! The reason I was so emotional is because it was Stake Conference this weekend and I knew that two of the seventy would be there to reorganize the stake presidency! We had our district leader come the next day and interview her! It was such a long interview!! You all have to realize that Gladys loves to talk!!! Ha and during this time I was in with my companion and Elder Daison entertaining Benjamin! Good Gosh I have never taken so many cheap shots from one little boy! At least my nephews even them out between all of them? Dawnsh what can I say you have taught them well to share! Anyway after the interview Gladys comes strolling out and we asked how it went! She was like it was easy!!! I answered all the questions and a lot more! Haaahahaha Gladys is sooo dang funny!
The week went on and she really was getting more and more excited, she even committed her daughter to go to church with us! She got to the church Sunday morning very first by her self at like 9:20 in the morning when the bus was going to leave at ten! It was soo cool. We rented a bus as a ward to go to stake conference and all the people were packed to the roof! Gladys had her seat right up front all ready for her baptism! At stake conference we were able to talk to the seventies! That was great. It was such a cool surprise for us as we walked in, sat down and looked up at the stand to see our Mission President and his wife sitting on the stand! After we said amen I cruised up there to tell Pres. Arrington we had a baptism right after this conference and he was so excited! I had the great honor to baptize Gladys and afterwards Pres. Arrington shared some really nice comments! The part that really touched my heart was when Gladys got up to share her feelings and started to cry. She said ´´first off I just wanted to thank all of you for coming to support me and to bless my life! I truly am grateful for the changes that have happened in my life. It is something that I never thought would be able to happen in my life! This feeling is a feeling that I have never felt before I thank these missionaries who are angels sent from God to change my life. It is amazing!´´ Then right after she said those words she said “Now you have to teach my daughter the lessons that she has missed!” I am so blessed and it is amazing what blessings we can receive from our Heavenly Father if we are willing to follow his loving words and commandments! I love you all and know these things are true, miracles happen everyday but some days we are lucky enough to see really big ones!

I love you all so very much. Thank you for the blessings you are in my life! Sounds like you all are plenty busy without me-good deal take care!

Love,
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock
Hermana Fresia 
Claudino, Alejandra and Yuly
Awesome hound I found in the road that was really nice
Tiny bus...max capacity 29 sitting 
and no standing yeah right!?!
 Check out these seats David
they are soooo small!
Gladys's seat up front 

see Benjamin peeking over the seat?
The bus trip with the whole ward



Gladys's baptism with Pres. and Sis. Arrington
(The seventies left for another meeting
before we could get a picture with them)
What a sweet miracle...
Lunch Chili...check out these bread bowls!!!!
Elder Lourenco and I
getting ready to wash dishes after lunch
Check out this apron...it says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment