Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"How families CAN BE Together Forever"

This week was full of tender sweet mercies! We had a wonderful surprise baptismal service this Friday. Last week when we went to teach our investigator Susan she wasn't progressing to well, as in she did not have a baptismal date set. I invited her to a specific date and we left. She came running out and said actually I want to do it the 17th a week earlier for my mom's Birthday! Her parents Ceasar and Mary are both members and they have been striving to get their family to become part of the church as well. This week with Susan and the ward we planned a surprise baptismal service. Her parents were just invited to an activity "How Families can be Together Forever!" Ha that was my idea! hahah! Now we just had to figure out how to get them to the activity. We were all there at the church along with the ward, Susan all dressed in white and her mom, dad and brother walked in and wow her parents were both filled with so much love, joy, and emotions. It was such a spiritual baptismal service! Four investigators afterwards all decided they want to be baptized now just from how strong the Holy Ghost was testifying to them that it is what God expects of them. It was really cool, one of them Andreas, Susan's brother, came up to Elder Ainge and I and said "Well I'm next! When can you teach me so I can prepare to be baptized next month?" Our jaws dropped! He really had not shown to much interest. But wow when people recognize that their family can be together forever and feel God's confirmation they are willing to be obedient to His will. Andreas came to church in shirt and tie. I see this family going to the temple next year to be sealed for time and all eternity.
Sunday night Elder Ainge and I went to a mans house that we had contacted and touched the door. Bernardo opened the door with a big smile on his face and said "I have been waiting for you!" We met the Briones family Bernardo (dad) Maria (mom), Sebastian (15), Carol (14), Barbara (14). They have no church and have been looking for a church that will help them become an eternal family! It was so cool, when he said that my heart just filled with love to know that my Heavenly Father does know each of his children and He put us in Bernardos house one day so that we can bless his life with the great message we have. He also said "None of my children nor I have been baptized." Ha I shared John 3:5 and then he said "Well I guess it's time to do it!" We are way excited to help this wonderful family also!
I love my Savior! I love my family! And I am so grateful for having the knowledge of the plan of salvation which guides us to eternal life.
Love,
Elder Hancock
Susan Cartes's Baptism Day
Families Can Be Together Forever!
The Cartes Family
All Smiles ;)
Surgery on Elder Ainge
My Food Foto...
Dinner appointment-we are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment