not gonna lie, it's a really good sector and an amazing Ward who knows what they are doing. In the ward we are 4 Elders and 3 Sisters. In the Zone there are 14 Elders and 8 Sisters. Elder Stewart, Hermana Love and Hermana Howe are all from Arizona! Crazy huh?!?!
So Tuesday when I got to my sector with Elder Ainge we started talking about the sector and the people that we would be teaching. We decided to share a little message with Alejandra from a conference talk by Elder Bednar. The lesson went great! Her daughter(Camila) is a member and was so happy. I felt the impression to invite her to be baptized after we had watched the video, seeing that it had touched her emotionally and spiritually. I invited her and she accepted with a smile on her face. It's so fun when you can just be an instrument in the hands of God in bringing happiness to others lives.
My sector is huge and a lot of long dusty sunny roads! Ha it's going to be way fun working here.
I didn't really get to work all that much this week because I have been really sick :( I have been bed ridden for a couple days. Pretty sure I have lost a lot of weight. I ate my first lunch here in Chillán and I have not be good since. I just want to work with all I've got but heck its hard hahaha! The other day it was late and we needed to get home or else I was not going to make it...I was feeling like trash! The best part is we were about 20 blocks from the house and no taxis go close to our house. Finally after trying to hitchhike I waved a taxi down and told him I will buy all the seats in you car if you leave your route and drop me in front of my house. We got in the car about 9:26 got home to the house at 9:30 that guy was cruising! I felt like I was in Star Wars flying one of those racing things. Or the Fast and the Furious would probably be a better description! Hahaha!!! 4 minutes and 4 bucks later I made it safe and sound to the bathroom haha! Those little minor details aren't going to slow me down in this work.
I didn't really get to work all that much this week because I have been really sick :( I have been bed ridden for a couple days. Pretty sure I have lost a lot of weight. I ate my first lunch here in Chillán and I have not be good since. I just want to work with all I've got but heck its hard hahaha! The other day it was late and we needed to get home or else I was not going to make it...I was feeling like trash! The best part is we were about 20 blocks from the house and no taxis go close to our house. Finally after trying to hitchhike I waved a taxi down and told him I will buy all the seats in you car if you leave your route and drop me in front of my house. We got in the car about 9:26 got home to the house at 9:30 that guy was cruising! I felt like I was in Star Wars flying one of those racing things. Or the Fast and the Furious would probably be a better description! Hahaha!!! 4 minutes and 4 bucks later I made it safe and sound to the bathroom haha! Those little minor details aren't going to slow me down in this work.
Me and Elder Ainge get along so well its unreal! He is a mixture of David and Dallon Murray?!?! It's so funny but he is way cool. He is from Boston Massachusetts and his dad is the General Manager of the Boston Celtics! How cool is that? We are going to get a lot done, even more when I'm better.
I know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ and that through it's teachings by applying them in our lives we will be able to live forever with our families.
Love you all!
Elder Hancock
| Me and my new companion Elder Ainge Zone Leaders in Chillan |
| Elder Stewart and I |
No comments:
Post a Comment