Monday, May 5, 2014

STEP BY STEP...

It really never ceases to amaze me how Our Heavenly Father always completes with his promises! This week we had the wonderful opportunity to help Pilar make her first covenants on her pathway towards God’s kingdom! It was way cool because she really had a rough time getting to the point where she could get baptized and she asked me if I would baptize her. Of Course! We got there all dressed in white and she was so calm looking so nervous, but she knew that it was the step she needed to start a new life! She came up out of the water with the biggest smile of relief on her face. She said can I do it again?!? Afterward I sang “Nearer my God to Thee” and she gave an amazing testimony. She said "When I went into the water I felt that I was in the presence of God, I felt my life start over. I felt all the weight on my back leave. This is the best decision I have ever made in my life! I’m excited to keep progressing and I’m ready to endure to the end!!!! "

It was a really special experience! Then yesterday we were at church and I see one of my investigators come in who comes once in a while. He is not a member but his wife is and she really has been praying for a while for him to make the decision to get baptized! My companion and I really saw a huge progress in him when he was answering questions in the Gospel Principles class. We went to visit him, and shared one scripture with him- Doctrine and Covenants 39:10. He said "That scripture was written for me...... (Pause of silence!) I’m ready!" After we left my companion said “Wow that was surprisingly easy!” Haha! He has no clue how long I have been waiting for that moment! He has been taught by a bunch of missionaries and we are way excited for him to finally have a goal in mind and diligently preparing!

My companion is progressing so much. He is understanding a lot at this point and when we practice in the morning he is able to talk pretty well compared to other new missionaries. He does get a little overwhelmed, tear up hear and then he gets even more mad! He says I never cried in my whole time serving in the army but now in my first couple weeks of the mission field it’s way harder that the army! He is a great missionary I just keep reassuring him when he says I want to be able to talk like you-I just say: Elder Kemner I was in your exact position before-don’t worry about it-it will come!

Love you all! I’m so grateful for the blessings that we have being members of this wonderful gospel!  Thanks for all the pictures, updates and support.
Love forever and for always,
Elder Hancock
Pilar's Baptism

Elder Kemner, Pilar and Elder Hancock
on her Happy Day!

That would be Elder Kemner
That's what you call a BBQ!!!!!!
Look at all that meat!
At Bro. Guzman's home
He is the Elder's Quorum President in our ward

No comments:

Post a Comment