Monday, December 23, 2013

FIRST WEEK AS DISTRICT LEADER

This week was something else, I tell you what! It was so cool and really insane how fast life goes by when you are focused on the success of other missionaries also. My district is Chicitito Pero Poderoso! Small but powerful! It is Elder Lourenco and Elder Jaen and me and my comp! That’s what we get for having three districts in our Zone! I had some baptismal interviews this week and another Friday! I had an interview with this lady se llama Visctoria! Wow it is unreal how powerful she is and her testimony! I love the spirit that we can feel interviewing people for their worthiness to make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father. It is such a privilege to be here helping them on a hard path!

This week the Gaparini family are still in good spirits preparing for the 18th of January and Luciana is so excited! We also added two more people to that list this week! I had another Mini-cambio with the Assistants it was so much fun. I was companion with Elder López From El Salvador, one of the funnest mini-cambios I have been on! We went and visited the famous Maria Ines who has been doubting about her being able to prepare for baptism! We got there answered some doubts she had and taught about the 10 commandments focusing of the day of rest-Sunday! Well we got down to it where her church assistance would help her become prepared and we read a scripture that dropped about a 1,000 pounds of the spirit right on her chest! She read D&C 39:10. She got the biggest tears in her eyes. She said alright I’m ready I will prepare to be baptized the 18th of January! Then she said such a beautiful prayer that got us all teary eyed! She went to church in a dress this week and is so excited! She was not the only one that was this excited! That Saturday night it was about 9:50 and we have to be in the house 10:00-10:30 the latest if we are teaching someone! I had a huge impression to pass by the house of Roxanna my investigator and put her with a baptismal date also! We stopped by and we did just that! She was a little more difficult but she accepted and went to church again. Golly this sector has changed 180º in the time I have been here! This week we had 7 people with baptismal dates and many more well on their ways!

I received some special commitments this week from President Arrington that I achieve the Standards of Excellence! Man its going to be a fun week lots of diligence and efficiency! It is going to be a very fun week.

I will have an I-pad too and will be able to talk with you all Wednesday alright! I will email you around 3:00 my time before or after depends ha! Sure love you all! I love the group Skype idea!

Love You all Forever and always! I will see you later! Its weird this will be our second time talking! Man I’m getting old-my mission is flying by!
Love,
Elder Hancock
My Merry Christmas from home!!!
Our Zone
Blueberry muffin mix made in the MICROWAVE
Me and Elders Diaz & Evans

Elder Montana and myself
My crazy companion Elder Rodriguez
My Companion drew our House
(He is crazy good)
Notice how BUFF I am!!!
Just chillin' 
Pizza Party just enjoying...
                                                       Elder Richardson Mesa, AZ
                                                                 Elder Montana
Elder Rodriguez and his hot cocoa
                                                                 My bed collapsed!!
Check out this dinner!!!!
Yes Grammy...another picture of food for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment