Monday, December 16, 2013

``...His will be done; for his ways are righteousness forever.´´ 2 Nephi 1:19

There are miracles happening each and everyday of our lives! This week is and was very special for me as it will be forever! I have been in Chiguayante for 12 weeks now and have been praying, fasting and doing everything I could for one family to help them enter into the waters of baptism! The famous Gasparini family! They have been investigating the church for about 6 solid months! We went to their house with the ward mission leader and had a wonderful lesson on how we need to build our foundations! (Heleman 5:12 , 2 nephi31:20)

Jose (papa) has been the difficulty this whole time! We were in there just loving them, having such a fun time with some activities! I can say they have a little more contention than our family but they make me feel so at home! I was so in tune with the spirit just coming from a lesson where I dedicated a home, a very special experience too! But anyway getting back to the lesson, I got a call from Elder Morgan an Assistant! I always am talking with the Assistants- they both gave me permission to call them when I need! But then I received a call from President Arrington, He said ``hey call me back after your lesson´´ will do! Getting back to the awesome lesson with the Gasparini familia, my companion was baring his testimony to them and he passed the time back to me and I felt the impression looking at my calendar on my phone in the other room ``18th of January?´´ They have never been able to keep their 3 week challenges and really have never accepted them! So I said ``I know you all are prepared and want to start your pathway to becoming an eternal family. First, you all know what you need to do to enter into the gateway of Baptism, will you as a family prepare for the 18th of January?´´ Within a seconds notice Jose said with a big ol’ smile “yes we will!” The first time really in 6 months the entire family has accepted a baptismal date! It was so amazing! I felt so good! The funny part was when my companion asked me afterwards “I had no clue you were going to invite them?” I said I didn’t either! Listen to the spirit and Heavenly Father will reveal His will unto you!

As I got to the house shaking I called President back and he asked me why I was so excited, and I told him we put a family of 4 with a baptismal date and he said ``no way that’s so great!´´ He was so excited and we talked for a little while and then threw in a minor detail “Elder Hancock will you accept the assignment as a new District Leader?´´ Ha-well I said yes and then he said a sentence from my patriarchal blessing ``Thank you for always being worthy and willing to accept these callings!´´ Pretty powerful knowing how much my Heavenly Father knows me and loves me!

So many other things to tell you but no time. I will get to stay and finish the training of my companion! That is great. This last week funny story me and Elder Richardson were going home and we got on the wrong bus that shot us out in the middle of no-where and we took 20 to 30 minutes just getting back to the main road to get another bus, at least it was in the beautiful pine trees!?

We will be able to Skype home the 25th we will be Skyping in the hours (our time) 3:00- 5:00 pm. I only have 1 hour 30 minutes cuz then we have a party with president Christmas night! Sweet! I’m pretty sure I still have my paper you sent me with my Skype account but you might want to email it just in case! :)

Tell Kayleen and Jeremy I’m very excited for them both! A new baby-their family is going to be gorgeous! The greatest blessing we have is our families and how we can be eternal families is the amazing part!

Hey I’m trying to send pics but its not being to friendly- I’m trying don’t worry?

Also tell Byron Kartchner thank you for the letter he sent me, also tell him to start studying Preach my Gospel it will make you a more powerful missionary! You can never start too soon.

I love you all and thank you for your support and prayers you all give me!
Love Forever and Always,
Elder HANCOCK
Sabastian
Disgusting!!!!
A new fridge?

It takes them all to unload it?!?

We will guessElder Florez was made in Korea?
Elder Lopez and myself
A day of my life...

Sebastian...such a great kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment