As some of you know, I have told you about Danny and Jessica, two phenomenal investigators. They were talking about divorcement the day that we knocked on their door! Now they are doing so much better. You can feel the love in their relationship growing everyday. Amazing how much and how fast this gospel can change peoples lives. They’re baptismal date is this upcoming Saturday the 18th of May. They are progressing so much. Danny is getting closer and closer to quitting smoking! It’s really a hard habit to break for him because he has been smoking for the majority of his life. He started smoking at the age of 7.
The commandments that we have received by our modern day prophets truly are revelation from God! Nearly everybody that we teach here has a problem with either the Word of Wisdom or the law of chastity. It’s so sad. The families don’t know how to teach the children, or they just don’t care as they are growing up. The children just do whatever they want. Like this Sunday the little rug rats went out and played soccer during Sacrament meeting, I was actually fine with it because it was the first Sunday they weren’t playing tag up and around the pulpit! But it’s sad because these kids have the gospel but are not learning how blessed they really are to have it. This is our role, to help families understand the importance of this! There is only two families in my branch that have gone to the temple and been sealed. Well the only ones that have gone to the temple. We have a bunch of families with goals to go to the temple now. Super Excited about that!! They are all reading the Book of Mormon together as families also.
We have the blessings of the temple because it is so much closer and available. Are we taking advantage of this blessing in our lives? Are we going to the temple as often as we can? Please if your not, do take advantage of it often! I won’t get a chance for 2 years to go to the temple! Kinda the only bummer to my mission is that I don’t get to go to the temple (the closest temple here is in Santiago Chile and it is not in my mission.) The temple is such a blessed place that we all can receive heavenly blessings from: ``For inside the temple you will be endowed with Power from on High!´´ Please take advantage of every opportunity to go to the temple. It should not be something where we have to sacrifice to attend, it really is a privilege!
I’m so blessed to be serving my mission! If there is one thing that I love about my mission is “change!” This life is for change-we came here to earth for one purpose, to gain eternal life! We knew it was going to be hard, with many trials, but we had faith in Jesus Christ and chose to follow Him. We were confident that through Him we would be able to obtain eternal life, if we were willing to follow him. Are we all doing all that we can to follow Jesus Christ? Are we doing all that is possible to help others on this rough and rugged path back to our Father in Heaven? I love this work! I will be eternally grateful to my father, for him teaching me to serve others constantly, with the love of Christ. Charity! We all need to learn it and love it! I study this attribute a lot. It really has helped me in this service! If you look at someone as helping them receive something much greater in their lives, Heavenly Father is going to prepare more and more people for you to help. Its so cool.
Pretty awesome I’m in the internet cafe and I just heard a familiar voice and it was one of my new investigators Christian, he’s such a nice guy and he keeps his commitments. This week we are gonna work really hard with him and invite him to go to church with us.
Bueno well I did not have as much to write about as I thought since I talked with ya´ll yesterday. But yesterday was definitely an emotional day for me, meeting one of my nieces Kinzie through a camera for the first time and just hearing how well all my friends and family are doing, just huge blessings from my Heavenly Father.
I love you all and thank you for all the letters and support in which you give me.
Love,
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock
(It was such a Happy Mother's day yesterday hearing from my boy. He sounds amazing and is doing so good. He is really speaking well-he talked with Josh and Steven and they both said he is really picking up the language. He said he has not been sick yet, the food has not made him sick or the lack of drinking water and only drinking soda. He has eaten many different things and a lot of fish, avocados and other foods he didn't like when he left...but he is learning to like them all. He did share that he had to eat some rubbery sea creature the other day wrapped in rotten lettuce that had been sitting out for a couple days-He really did NOT like that but he ate it?! He also shared how they are always helping drunks up they find on the side of the roads. Obviously there must be guardian angels with him. Fun Times!)
![]() |
| Happy Mothers Day mom and sisters and every other amazing lady in my life! |
![]() |
| I made completos the other day! That is a ton of palta (avocado) |
![]() |
| I ate it all, the tomatoes I did not but super bueno Los Completos. |
![]() |
| Piguarones con chancaca! |
![]() |
| This is Danny and Jessica we ate piguarones con chancaca! |
![]() |
Pretty Good?
Something you would probably never
put in your mouth but I did.
Soggy donuts in liquid brown sugar?!?
|
![]() |
| Carne Mechada! Rica Comida! |
![]() |
| Notice how most of the fotos he sends home have to do with FOOD!?!? |













No comments:
Post a Comment