Cool story-is that Danny and Jessica are doing phenomenal, loving the Book of Mormon and loving the change that is happening in their lives. All I feel towards this family is undying love. They are soo special to me! It was an amazing experience that I shared with you all in how we found them, but it was even cooler hearing their end of the story. When Jessica looked trough the peep hole she told Danny the Jehovah’s Witness are here I think, should I answer it? Danny thought and then said after a pause then he felt the need to say well they are here for a reason open the door! As soon as we mentioned eternal families they let us in! We have gone back ever since and they have kept every commitment we have extended! We had the opportunity to teach the plan of salvation a couple days ago seriously THE MOST POWERFUL LESSON OF MY MISSION! Their attention was impresionante (awesome!) They practically were ready to jump in the font after the lesson! The spirit was bearing testimony so strong and it really was fun to be there with the Branch president’s wife Andrea, she is awesome! This week is going to be steller with all the lessons and activities we have with them! One more attendance until their baptism so excited for them!
Our other investigator with the same baptismal date Maria had such an amazing experience as her sister, niece, and nephew all bore their testimonies of this gospel directed towards her! The tears were rolling down her face. She could not stop from crying or deny that she felt the spirit! The edifying of the branch is going great as Ricardo now was just called to be the ward secretary! And this Sunday was a special occasion it was the first time that we have not had to use the missionaries in preparing blessing or passing the sacrament! Manuel was one of the other worthy priesthood holders! I’m pleased to say that Manuel and Ingrid have a goal to go to the temple with their family next year as well as Ricardo and Yudith. It’s so much fun being able to help people receive this happiness in their lives!
I’m feeling a lot better with all the teaching and talking in Spanish! I was on a mini cambio with my zone leader and he was really impressed with my teaching and not being afraid to tell people how it is in a loving way! Being bold with love, yeah, teach it straight forward, direct, and simple so that after the lesson they can teach you! Yesterday I actually asked my investigator Daniela to read a chapter in the Book of Mormon and teach the principals from it next visit, she accepted! I LOVE talking with random members from other wards, and then they ask how much time do you have in your mission? 2months! WHAT? You speak very well! Oh thanks. How much time did you think I have been on my mission! At least a year! SWEET! She was a nice little lady.
So I’m getting close to finishing the Book of Mormon the first time here in my mission, then we were given an assignment from our mission president that we are going to read the Book of Mormon as a mission, ha so I’m reading it twice right now!!!! 2 Nephi 4: 16 ``my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord´´ I can’t say it any better than that! Our goal is to finish the end of June when we change mission presidents!
(Our new mission president, President Kent J. Arrington and his wife Michele, will be coming in July. They are from Utah and he has worked for the Church for over 30 years as Area Director of 20% of the temples in the world. President Humphrey said he is sure that President Arrington is coming in part to help accelerate the process of the construction of the temple in Concepción, which has been on hold for several years for a variety of reasons.)
I love being here and learning all that I am gospel related and regular life! ``Your mission will set the sails for the rest of your life´´ isn’t that the truth! It’s really been teaching me about what Lehi said to his sons: 2 Nephi 1:21 `` Arise from the dust my sons, and be MEN.´´ I love that part, he pretty much is telling them to buck up and be responsible! It really is true-if you want to have success as a missionary you have to ``Forget yourself and get to work!´´ If I have any advice for all my friends and family its this: Serve everyone you can and you will find more happiness in your lives! Mosiah 2 :17 “for when you are in the service of your fellow being you are also in the service of your God´´ When we fulfill the commandments of God-He is obligated to bless us! Doctrine and Covenants 130: 20-21 “Just always remember that there is no greater blessing than that of helping others receive eternal life!” As my sister Deidré told me all members are the full time missionaries, the missionaries are there part time helping you teach! Jump on it go help everyone that you know and love! Pease help the missionaries it really is near impossible to do this work without the members!
Sure do love you family. I know things are going crazy with me; I’m just getting a little antsy because two weeks ends probably my last cambio with my trainer! There are a lot of new missionaries coming in! Before I forget yes I get to call home through Skype on Sunday! It will be after our lunch appointment probably 3-6 our time…ha you all get to work the time difference!! I don’t have time. We will get to talk for and hour and a half. They just upped it from an hour so I’m pretty grateful. Sure am excited to talk to you all this next weekend. I love you all with all my heart! Please help people find more happiness in their lives! People are always looking for something more in their lives; they may just not know or realize it. That’s why we are there to remind them!
Love you all Forever,
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock
![]() |
| The fotos below are of Lillian Sanhueza and the family making empanadas |
![]() |
| Getcha some! |
SO AMAZING!!!!
![]() |
| We gave gifts to Richardo & Yudith... |
![]() |
![]() |
| ...and Manuel |
![]() |
| The Triple Santa Biblia ambien un Himnario |
![]() |
| BIGGEST BREAD BOWL I HAVE EVER SEEN! |
![]() |
| Yep that is the biggest bread bowl full of chili ever of course in CHILE...right???? |
![]() |
| My first Zone Conference...it was so sweet! All these studs changed and are changing Dichato!!! |
![]() |
| Amazing Elders Anderson-Wyoming, Hancock, Barker, Aguirre, Carter |
![]() |
| Me and Elder Ames |
![]() |
| Elder Sutterland |
![]() |
| Elder Vargas |
![]() |
| Well after I got back from Concepcion it dumped rain Yes-I put my suit coat in my back pack Don't worry Mom!!! Ha! |
![]() |
| Look at the light around this missionary... with the stick to keep the dogs away they were going nuts! |
























No comments:
Post a Comment