Well this week did not go as planned, but it was an awesome week the best of my mission! We had 7 investigators come to Church. One family of four, Rodrigo, Carolina and their daughters Camila, and Javiera. And less actives Fiance Patricio and Katy. Patricio the first time I met him I knew it was Marlin Miller! He is identical just a little darker. He is in the military too its crazy how similar they are! Katy is from Boston naturally? How she got here I have no clue!?
Danny and Jessica did not get baptized because Danny could not stop smoking, their being attacked by Satan so much it tears my heart apart! The only answer that I have for it is that Satan knows all of our potential and those who have more potential get attacked more. Secondly is that our Heavenly Father will only give us the temptations and trials that we can endure!
We had another cool experience. We went and had lunch at a inactive ex-missionaries house and he shared a video with us that he shared on his mission. Se llama "Las familias Son Eternas.´´ Its is a tender sweet video from an old slide show like dad used on his mission with the reels and the projector (HA!) But then we called about a family night that we set up with some references at members house! Hermana Nancy said they could not make it so we felt really strongly that we needed to allot this time to Danny and Jessica. We did not know why but when we got to their house we did! Jessica was locked in her room crying! This was the third experience where with them that Heavenly Father has guided us in our work to help save their marriage. We finally got Jessica out of her room after talking to her for a little bit and looked this video up on their computer with them. I asked Danny "Is it fair to your daughters to live without you or your wife?" He started to cry as he was holding baby Zoe in his arms sleeping like an angel! After this I asked Danny for his cigarettes he handed them over after practically torturing him for them! Then I went to the kitchen got a cup put some milk in it and then put the cigarettes in the milk and told him to smoke them now! He had a couple to smoke yesterday and today his goal is to quit smoking completely for life, after practically smoking his entire life 22 out of 29 of his years. I understand the challenge of this and I also understand the grasp that Satan can have on someone. I also plan to take him a cigarette box we picked up off the side walk! There are cigarette boxes every ten feet on the roads, it seems like! But I’m going to put a picture of Jesus on it and inside a picture of his family! And roll papers that look like cigarettes with scriptures written on them! He’s gonna love it! Their planned date for baptism is this upcoming Saturday the 25th, so please keep them in you prayers. Their interview is this Wednesday! This family means the world to me as all my families that I have baptized and am teaching, but I really feel something special with them. They are a lot different!
So just warning you all---it’s freezing here!!! Yeah I lied last week (when I told you it is just as cold as it gets in Arizona) or it’s just changed really fast! One of my pictures is me with my Long Johns on!!!! I was laughing when we bought them, thinking that I would never use them! Well I’m using them! (Viewer caution is advised!)
It’s raining more but it’s a drought year so it’s not that much in which I’m way grateful because my suits are getting wrecked! Without a doubt every time I wear my suit it rains and the mud would be fun any other time in my life but when you are trying to stay clean-ha-Yeah right!
I was so happy yesterday we had a powerful experience with Familia Millar (Rodrigo) At Rodolfo’s Baptism! Rodrigo came up to me after the baptism and said "¡Muy Bonito, Muchas Gracías!" Ah it was so good to get them there. After the baptism President Moreno asked Manuel if he wanted to share his testimony! First off, Manuel is very timid and shy it took him a long time to pray in front of us! After President asked him he paused looked around and shook his head and from the back row he stood up and walked to the pulpit and bore a very simple but powerful testimony! His co-worker, Rodrigo was loving it! Another little information on familia Millar is I had contacted their house about 5 times before and they did not want anything to do with us and would ignore us! Then after Manuel’s baptism Rodrigo saw a difference in Manuel and his family! Then the other day Manuel and Ingrid went with us to meet them after they asked Ingrid if we (the Elders) could come by! When you are diligent and working you hardest you will be blessed! Mosiah 2:24 I love this scripture! “As you are obedient and diligent the Lord will shape you into the missionary He needs you to be!"
I know this to be true. I know that this gospel is true with all my heart! I tell my investigators I never had an experience when I found the answer that this gospel is true but I have had experiences that fortified my testimony! Through the great examples of my parents, family and friends I have grown up knowing its true. It just took me a while longer to realize it! Now I cannot deny it!
I’m so grateful for all of you and you support for me I love you all with all my Heart!
Love,
Elder Hancock
(Love you mamma tell everyone I say “Hi!” ¡Cíao!)
Noche De Hogar
Danny and Jessica
Gotta have a food picture!! Oh yeah!
Trash Day!
The millions of dogs always have the trash torn up
before the garbage is picked up?!?!
My District
My Zone
Ping pong!!!
Ping pong with Mauricio, and Alejandro
Fat me in the rain...Estoy listo!
My muddy suit pants ;(
Manuel, Ingrid, Solange, Rodolfo and Fabby-Fabian
Amigos!
Rodolfo's baptism day!
Manuel with his Son Rodolfo on his baptism day!
3 generations of missionaries…
my trainer Elder Aguirre
and his trainer Elder Glacier!
my trainer Elder Aguirre
and his trainer Elder Glacier!
Elder Catron- Argentinos
Tome Chile
Got to love it...remembering where everyone lives?!?























No comments:
Post a Comment