Monday, April 8, 2013

¡Solo mejor para ÉL Señor!

This is my new personal motto that I have been living by the past week and hopefully will be able to the rest of my life! ¡Solo mejor para Él Señor! Translation for mom “Only the Best for The Lord!” This came to me because this week was a pretty off week for us: getting bit by dogs and a whole day of not one lesson with an investigator. We have scheduled about 13 investigators right now and well only 1 is progressing because he was the only one that has gone to church! His name is Oliver and he showed up as a miracle to the Priesthood session of conference with Ricardo my first convert!

We are changing a lot of things in the ways we teach and getting people to commit! The lack of commitment in this country drives me nuts but hey I’m learning patience or something! Everyone tells me Dichato is the training grounds for the future leaders? Proof my companion is now our district leader of 4 missionaries! Ha ha! Our zone is the smallest in the mission it’s so fun!

So about the dogs, I didn’t get bit, just a bunch of close calls! My pants are getting destroyed! Elder Aguirre got bit on his calf but nothing bad just more of a shock! I was laughing so hard! But seriously these dogs are driving us insane, can you please try and find this thing- it’s supposed to scare dogs away.  It is a frequency thing that dogs don’t like. Elder Winward had one so if you could ask his mom I’m sure she would be able to tell you! Please and thank you! (I-the mom-already bought him one and sent it to him-even before he asked me!!!!!)

Cool story I’m the Executive Secretary of our branch! I really know now how dad makes all his meetings work even though we only have tops- 4 interviews a week! But hey it’s all fun, its helping me learn to write better in Spanish.

It’s getting pretty cold down here, but oh well I got my sleeping bag ;) The water heater cracks me up! Lighting it every time when in the bathroom. You gotta crank the hot; it’s like a fire hose because if it’s to slow you will get burnt really bad! So the faster it’s moving the faster it gets pushed off you. I know it’s kinda weird and a hard concept to grasp but hey it works!

Funny experience I went to contact this lady, she is older in her 60s. She hardly looked at me then yelled “¡Yo no Hablo con Extraños!” I started busting up because my companion is Chileano. But then I said ”Oh that’s alright we are representing Jesus Christ to bring happiness into your life.” “ ¡Yo no QUIERO Nada!” she said. “OK you don’t want more happiness in your life?” we said. “¡NO! you come to my country eat my food, food for chileanos!” I thought in my head, Coca cola, Pepsi, Top Ramen, Peanut butter, all these things rushed through my head (whatever?) HA! “Total Gringo cosas en Chile!” “So you want to reject representatives of Jesus Christ?” “¡Si! Ok ¡Tiene un buen Noche, ¡CHOA!” This cracked me up! I could not but laugh as I was walking away with my companion who was equally laughingl

Well I’m really sorry family but letters are a pain for me to send individually. So thank you for all the letters and dear elders that you send me, I love getting them. But I’m just going to be able to write all of you through this family email. Please don’t think that I’m depriving you all but I do love you! It is just really hard to write on a bus crowded with people and then try to get them mailed. Grammy Papa got your card thank you so much, Sure am excited to hear about your mission call when and where ( Better get on that….Grammy and papa! Ha! Love you! )

Conference was amazing! Even when you only understand a little bit of it, you really can still understand the point they are trying to get across! You think we all would understand the importance of chastity! Five different talks mentioned it (I think that is what I understood at least!) The first talk about Chastity reminded me of a scripture in the Book of Mormon Jacob 2:28 says ´``For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women'' Love that scripture. Sure do think it’s important when it’s a commandment of God and on top of that its mention 5 veces, ma o meno in conference!

Sure do love you family hope all is going well back home. It sure sounds like the family is doing great. Thank you Dej, Dawnsh and Deeds for your letters. Love you all with all my soul!
Love forever,
Elder Dillon Denzlo

Elder Sutterman and Elder Hancock

Elder Pavon and Elder Hancock

Crazy Elders! 
My first zone before cambios, from the left Elders Allauyca-Peru,
Pavon-Mexico, yo (stud) Greenwood-Utah, Erickson-Utah, Aguirre-Chile,
Duran-Chile, Catron-Argentina, Hepworth-Utah, Dumm-California,
Sutterfield-Utah, Vargas-Peru
Dichato Chile
A paved road????

Some of the country side
Some of the homes on the side of the hills
Talk about open range!!!
These are always outside my house.
They pull these giant trees all over the place!
Little Lucas
Richardo & Yudith in their home
What a great family...
Notice the window coverings???
Those were my inventions for curtains
so we could watch General Conference!
Yep that is a Basketball court!
Our pantry...notice eggs are cheap!!! 
That my friends is a churrasco FANTASTIC!!!
In Chile, churrasco refers to a thin cut of steak which varies depending on the desired quality of the sandwich. 
The slices are grilled and served in a -sometimes warmed- local bun (called "marraqueta"), 
usually accompanied with tomato, avacado and mayonnaise.
I LOVE THESE!!!!!
That is the biggest amount of mayonnaise I have ever seen...
Even funnier is that Dillon hates it and avocados too????
That is one HUGE hot dog!  Wow my son is a handsome missionary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment