Yes it’s getting wicked cold here! No worries though I have my sleeping bag for 40 below nights! So what’s up here? One thing that really cracks me up here is how Americanized it is here in Chile. There is always American party music going (Taylon Judd would love it here!) Also Reggaeton music! Yes-Devon its Reggae on steroids, so some lessons (a lot) are really hard to invite the spirit because of all the disruptions!?!? Oh well we still have tons of success.
The other day we went to an investigators house (hut) and when we walked in the door I saw a man that we had conversed with before and he was a pain in my rear! He would not listen for the life of him! Oh well, Harken (our investigator) is really important to us so we proceeded and asked if his friend wanted to listen to our lesson too. We had only taught Harken one time before this so with his friend Claudio there too, I was super nervous, because Claudio is super Evangelico! But I was teaching Harken about the Book of Mormón He was super excited! Half way through Claudio started piping up and trying to contradict what we were teaching, then Harken jumped on him and said ``This is the word of God how can you reject it?´´ He already knows this gospel is true. My heart was so filled with joy when I heard him say this!
Anyway I found an awesome scripture to help my investigators, family and friends understand the importance of reading and studying the scriptures Alma 13:20-it’s great! The reason I found this scripture is because we have such a hard time with people keeping their commitments so now they kinda get scared into it? Ha whatever works right?!
Another sweet experience was when we were visiting familia Navarro and trying to help Hermana Sandra come back to church! Her husband Luiz is very active now. He blessed the sacrament with Ricard this Sunday. I was feeling pretty good. But Sandra-her heart is so hard I get so frustrated because she just is kinda mean and wants nothing to do with you. We shared many scriptures with her. Her heart is really hard because her son has medical problems and Luiz does not have work right now, so she blames a lot of stuff! My companion and I knelt down in front of them and asked if they would join us? It was ten minutes later that she joined us. Then we asked her to pray! She said really fast no! Then I promised her that if she would pray right now she would feel a change of heart. She agreed and while she was praying she was sobbing she could not stop crying. Her prayer was precious; she really is a different person now. All of this is possible through the power of God.
Well one part this week that really made me think of all the help that I am actually receiving! ``I bless you to know that there are many on the other side of the veil who are mindful of you and who are cheering for your success.´´ I feel the strength of two great men that I never really met or got to know, but really feel close to. I know them through stories and the memories of others and that is my Uncle Jim and Grandpa Hancock. I know I always have angels helping me in all of my service and I love it!
I love you all so much and please do all that you can to keep enduring through everything even if it gets a lil’ bumpy. The end result is so worth it!
Love,
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock.
Oh P.S. all my mail that gets sent now needs my full name on it because there are two Hancock’s from Arizona in my mission now crazy huh?
 |
A beautiful pen with my name inscribed on it
from one of my bestest friends Jared ( J-Rad ) White
Love you Jared youre going to do great things for the Lord in Colorado!
 |
 |
| See my name on it-so awesome! |
 |
| The fridge of a missionary?! |
 |
| Yes...the milk has only been cut down a little bit. |
 |
| This is my beautiful bathroom???!?!?!? |
 |
I am liking that clean toilet...what can I say...
my future wife will love me clean stoves & toilets? |
 |
| All my books...organized! |
 |
| My pet rabbit! |
 |
| My matea stick fue un regalo de Hermana Andrea Zañetta Moreno |
 |
| Elders Hancock, Vargas and Aguirre |
 |
| Great guy! |
 |
| Elder Pulsipher and Hermana took us to ice cream |
 |
I love being in a branch because...
we get all the special TREATments! |
No comments:
Post a Comment