Friday, February 22, 2013

LEAVING THE MTC

Sure wish you all knew when I would e-mail so that I could know and see Déjà and Josh’s new baby girl! I'm sure she is just gorgeous! (at the time of this letter Deja had not had her baby but he did not know that-Kinzie was born that evening)

Well everything is getting hectic, but no worries none of my suitcases are overweight yet. So mom no worries about the journal thing ha! I saw a free bin and there were two brand new journals in there with no names or anything in them! It was great. Needless to say I did not have to buy any new journals but I did buy a new watch because my other one already pooped out on me. I will be sending it home with some other stuff that I need you to keep!

I’m so excited- we did an activity about placing copies of the Book of Mormon ha! I bought 2 English and 3 Spanish. I actually think I’m better at it in Spanish than in English. My Spanish is great and I’m pleased with it right now-but in all things there is always room for improvement. I cannot do all the grammar to save my life but I can speak it pretty good so I’m not too worried right now I’m just excited to go and share with everyone.

So some pretty cool stuff that has happened lately, a couple temple visits ago I did sealings and the sealer served as a Mission President in Hong Kong China, his office was in the temple and he would arrange all the ordinances in the files for records. He said that one day he looked at the initiatory paper and the death date was 100 B.C. how amazing is that the lineage in China is that good and you can trace people back that far. Second, is that there are soooooooo many missionaries going to South Korea to the Soul Korea Mission! It’s insane how many of them there are. Two elders in Elder Winward’s ward both just got called there. Heavenly Father is hastening his work so fast-all the evidences that I have been shown is its coming a lot faster than any of us have expected. The second coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ started in 1820. We are all a part of the Second Coming!

As for my calling home, I think I will be calling anywhere from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm while I am at the airport in LAX. That will probably be the only time I will try to call because once I am in Chile it will be the next day. Sorry mom but I don’t have flight numbers and all the crazy amount of stuff you wanted me to tell you, it just does not work that way with them. As for my sd card I’m going to send it in the package with my watch and those papers-so I’m not too worried about it! It’s all going to work out just fine.

Every one thank you for your emails! I’m a lil’ jealous DeeDee and Devon’s pictures at the rodeo. You’re welcome Dawnsheree! You knew I would not say anything until I knew it was safe! Ha mom was pretty mad at me though! oh well it was totally worth it. Thank you so much for all your support.

I love you all so much,
 Elder Dillon Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment