Saturday, January 26, 2013

IN QUARANTINE WITH HALF THE MTC

Hey family,
Sorry i did not get to email yesterday on my p day, I was in quarantine with half of the MTC! Yes, it was the flu! I threw up eight times between 11:30 pm and 5:30 in the morning the morning of my p-day-it was horrible!!! I did not sleep the entire night. Ha…I had a chair in the bathroom talking with some other guys that were sick too. We would be talking and say oh hold up, puke, and then go back to talking!!! Oh and David yes-it was coming from both directions! So many elders have had to get rid of their g's because well you know! Ha luckily I have not had to do that yet and I hope I will not have to.

Well something I forgot to tell you family is that the first day I was in the MTC I got this weird looking water bottle! It is a water purification deal. We cannot drink any water unless we are drinking it from those water bottles so we don’t get tape worms and stuff.

At one of the devotionals last Tuesday Elder Evans spoke to us and it was really cool. But the cool part is he said by the summer time the devotionals would be held in the Marriot Center because of the amount growth of missionaries! In sane huh! Then he asked all the 18 year old Elders to stand and the 19 year old Sisters to stand and it was over half of the audience at the devotional-it was pretty cool. The choir is so much fun to sing in. It is phenomenal, just the elegance from over 800 missionaries in a choir is so cool. Being in the choir is really nice because you always get a pretty good seat for the devotionals.

Brothers and dad the MTC is nothing like any of you described to me either. You all never had this really busy schedule or it has changed a lot! They changed our leave date to the 25th of February, 5 weeks and a couple days not even six weeks!!!! The 14 out of 16 hours is kicking my butt. I get up and like pace while reading the material or scripture study and what not! We barely have a half an hour for each meal, then we go back to class work. We have two sessions of class instructions that is about three and a half hours long of just sitting and learning Spanish! Well the Spanish thing is a whole other story. Everything is going great!!

I did hear about Zach’s call from Lavita and Sally, but thank you mom! So cool story, I was up walking around studying my Spanish and looked out the window and saw a very familiar face! I said “Elder Dean (my companion) come on!!! He was like “What?” I said “Just come with me.”I got down all the stairs and out the door before he left the class room Ha I got outside and yelled “MASON!!!” And Mason Davis turned around and got the biggest smile on his face that was one of the happiest days I have had so far!!! We talked for a while and low a behold he lives in the room right above me!! So quite a few times are we in each others rooms talking and carrying on!
To all the brothers and dad once again, I did get a room on the first floor and there are all individual showers! There are only three Elders in my room so we have so much room its very nice. This is really like a spiritual enhanced prison! Ha it’s great though.

Hey I love you all and know that as long as you stay close to our family and the gospel what more do we need in this life!!!!
Love you all with all my heart and miss you dearly. More letters are on their way and mom you can mail me how ever much you want! It’s great and nice to get a little real life. That goes for the whole family as well Ha!
Love,
Elder Dillon Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment