Monday, November 17, 2014

What the simplicity of a testimony can do!

Having a position of leadership as a missionary is truly a spiritual experience. I have the blessing of communicating with the missionaries to learn about the people they are teaching and their progression in the gospel. The Sister missionaries always bring lots of people to church and about a month ago they brought a father and his son., Ivan and Diego. That Sunday Ivan had already come to church and had decided on being baptized. Diego came still with the question in his heart whether this was the true church and if he should be baptized. I was asked to speak out of no where in Sacrament meeting that same day they came. I spoke about the joy of the work of salvation and how simple things that we do may help others in their pathway to salvation. I mentioned the experience I had in sharing the gospel with my dear friend Kody before my mission. How he was baptized and everything. I didn't really think anything of it, until this week when Ivan and Diego were being interviewed by the Sister's District Leader. I was at the chapel at a missionary correlation meeting and the Sisters came and got me and said "Diego has something to ask you." He told me "When you bore your testimony about your friend Kody I felt something that just made me connect with him and say you need to do it, I want you to baptize me!" Wow that was unexpected! jajajaja! So I just want to send a shout out to Kody "You are helping in this work of salvation to bud, Love you" I know this is the true gospel and that we all can be happier in life as we live it's teachings. Love you all so much.
Love,
Elder Hancock

PS- I will be finishing my mission here in Chillan. Tuesday will be my last transfer-I am staying and I will be with my 15th companion. He is from Peru and his name is Elder Calizaya.
Diego's baptism
Elders Hancock, Ainge, Meza and Barnes
(His mom really likes this picture!)
Working on Bishop's house


Missionaries of Chillan
Top row: Elders Young, Durrant, Chuctaya, Sperry, Hepworth, Villarroel, Ainge, Barnes
Bottom row: Elders Watts, Jensen, Dumm, Froerer, and ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment