This week has been full of adventures! First off I’m here in Parral Chile, riding a bike and ripped my pants the first day! HA! Along with my stud of a companion Elder Cook from Alpine Utah! All the younger missionaries are so much more advanced, it is so cool! Their spirits and testimonies are amazing! They are so innocent it’s kind of funny! My companion believes everything that the people say here, its great but you can’t roll like that here in Chile, they are pretty good at not telling the truth- but oh well! So it has been about 6 years since I have really ridden a bike! Man that was a funny sight the first day but now I’m riding without my hands looking at my agenda! I just had to get back into the swing of things!
We jumped right into things at the beginning of the week finding new people to teach! It was such an awesome experience how many impressions I’ve felt this week, where to go, who to talk to, and how to talk to them! All I will say is that we found more people this week than we had in my last month! My companion said “It amazes me how you relate with these people!” Dirt floors chickens and dogs in the house? It’s just more comfortable to me than those ritzy houses! We have some great people we are working with! It really amazes me how Heavenly Father sends us to certain areas and knows we will learn a ton here!
So FUNNY story for the men in the family and friends too (I know they can relate to this)- the first day I was on a bike, I was really not on my bike because the seat was just like a little stick that I was riding on, needless to say my bum was hurting pretty bad the first day. Then I got off and there was a little nail in the seat that ripped my pants a little bit! Gal-lee then the next day we ate beans and some other cayuela. Well, I got the runs and that next day wow I was runnin’ to the bathroom regularly every 5 to 10 minutes!!! You all are probably thinking that a bike with diarreah is not a very good combination...... its not!!!!! Ha NO I did not poop my pants but it sure was close one night riding to the house! There for a couple days I brought extra underwear because I was almost sure it was going to happen! Prayer is such a powerful tool that we all have in hard times ha!
Love you all so very much. I know that these things are the only way that we lead us back to the presence of our Heavenly Father! Jesus Christ is our Savior who died for all of us! Love you all!
Love Forever and for always,
Elder Hancock
(Sorry I don’t have pics this week (haha) the computer was being dumb and won’t read my card!)
No comments:
Post a Comment