I love this work! This week was a very humbling experience for me! As I have told you all before the thing that I love the most about my mission is the changes that are made in my life but also in the lives of other people! It’s such a blessing to know that my Heavenly Father loves me and that he knows what needs to happen with everyone of his children!
This week we met with Family Millar Acuña, Rodrigo his fiancé Carolina and their daughters Camila and Javiera! We have been trying so hard to help them realize the importance of marriage. The first time we mentioned it, they wanted nothing to do with it! I was like oh yeah this is going to be a fun one! We had fasted and prayed much to find out what we needed to do to help them. We gave them a pamphlet on 3 simple ways to have a happier family! I love it-after we gave this to their family to read and study everything has changed!!!! Rodrigo reads everything to Carolina because she does not know how to read! We had them read and pray together to see if marriage was the right thing for their family at this time. We went back the next day with the intention of asking them what their decision was! Well I thought my companion was going to say something and he thought I was, so after asking a few questions, and some awkward pauses, I figured out I’ve gotta do it! So I looked at them both and said ``Are you two willing to follow the will of God, be married and then baptized to start a new life for your family!?” I looked at Rodrigo and he said ¡Yes! Then the same for Carolina! ¡Yes! So tomorrow we are going to registro civil to schedule their marriage! They are so excited! They have found so much more love and happiness in their family! Every time they all pray now it is so humbling as they pray for their family! So in the next couple weeks, the 22nd or 29th we are going to baptize all four of them! Their whole family!! It depends on the date we can get for their marriage! Just love it!!!
As for my boy Ricardo he is doing a lot better. He has really shown a determination to become better in his life more than anything for his family! He is 22 years old. A couple weeks ago he drank 2 days straight hard liquor and cerveza! I sat him down and talked and we have had contact with him daily. He has talked with President and he feels a lot better now! He was not coming to church but now that he talked with president and us he is! He came in this Sunday in his suit he got married in and my tie that I gave him! He is such a good looking guy! Ha-he is just like David and I in difference and he just turned 22! But it’s like David is to me-he is tiny! Its really funny for you all to get to know him-his personality is just like Taylors! He is hilarious! He reminds me of my cousin’s personality!
Another blessing that we had the other day was with Fabian and his change! He has a meeting this Tuesday or Wednesday to sign for his house. Then after that he says he is going to go turn the water on at the church, go to Tomé, get married, come back and jump in the font! I taught the word of wisdom with him and I told him he needed to quit drinking smoking and can’t drink anymore. He was like alright let’s do it-so he gave me his big box of tea and he doesn’t have any cigarettes or beer. Yeah-he is so excited to be baptized! I tell you what the change that this man has made since I have been here is unreal! de verdad! He didn’t want to get married a while back but he can’t wait now! So now I have a giant box of tea that I have no clue what to do with? I think I’m going to go to a negocio and trade it for herbal tea? Ha I don’t know though?!
Another awesome change is there is a less active Luis Flores he went on a mission 25 years ago and was married in the temple but he is now not coming! Well we eat lunch with him every Sunday and we talked to him and told him that President Moreno wanted to talk with him. He said he wanted nothing to do with that last week, well this week he called president and met with him! Then came to church this Sunday too! At lunch he shared a scripture and prayed for our branch that we can get those 15 worthy Melchizedek priesthood holders that we need! Right now without the Elders we have one!!!!! So we have some work to do but it is coming little by little!
I know that my Heavenly Father loves me. He is giving me challenges and speed bumps only to help me become better! I love it! My Spanish is sky rocketing-it’s amazing! We are always talking to people and they are impressed with our Spanish!!! Another cool little experience is we entered in this ladies house to offer a prayer for her and I asked her ``Norma who do you want to say the prayer?” She said ``You-I can understand you!`` I’m so grateful for the blessings which my Heavenly Father is giving me continually every day!
Take care and I hope you all are having as much fun as I am! I love you all and thank you for your prayers. I feel the strength of my family continually every day! I love you all with all my heart!
Love, Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock
 |
| Our old shower curtain! Yummy? |
 |
Last week we cleaned the house and found some awesome stuff and some not so awesome stuff! |
 |
| And some stuff growing on stuff????
|
 |
| Our clean house and new shower curtain! |
 |
| Caught my companion Elder Paulson trying to stay warm |
 |
| This is how I go to bed! |
 |
| My Chaleco! |
 |
| The awesome native jacket! |
 |
| Me and Manuel’s horse! |
 |
Their horses are so much smaller here but strong as all get out! |
 |
Mixing cement Chilean style! For Ricardo’s bathroom we are building on to his house! |
 |
I’m so grateful dad you taught me so much so I’m able to help bless and serve others! |
 |
| Me and Fabian with his tea that he gave me |
 |
Ha- it was a brand new box not even open...
So we took it and exchanged it for some groceries
 |
| Great idea huh!?! |
|
A guy by the name of Sayre Stewart is heading to Dillon's mission in about a month. His dad is Bishop of the Casas Adobes Ward.
ReplyDelete