It is a little sad that I’m going to miss familia Millar Acuñas baptism but it’s all good. I get to be at their wedding in the morning tomorrow and then leave immediately afterwards! This family counts as my converts even though I won’t be present for their baptism! Rodrigo has really stepped up his game as being the father figure for this family! He will be a future leader and worthy priesthood holder here in Dichato here in the future! It’s a little triste (sad) to leave Elder Paulson this fast. It really went by so fast this time but it will always be one of my favorite companionships and one of the favorite months of my mission!!!!! I’m so excited to understand and realize what my Heavenly Father has in store for me! I’m so blessed to know that my Heavenly Father is preparing me for something even bigger in my life! I know there is someone or ones in San Carlos that I need to be there to help bring them to this wonderful gospel! I’m kinda bummed I’m going to be in a ward instead of a branch, but hey there is advantages to them too!
This week was really fun we had the opportunity to go with our branch to 18 de Septiembre de in Tomé for a delicious dessert competition with 18 from our Branch! Ganamos casi todo! (We won almost everything ha!) We won honorable mention, 2nd place and Grand Champion! Huh, doesn’t look like my luck has changed here yeah! Just Kidding! Well Elder Paulson and I got disqualified because we bought a cake and well we didn’t know you had to make something homemade! Oops!?!? Ha but Hermana Laura named our cake ``Misioneros con Hambre´´ (Missionaries with Hunger!) Everybody was cracking up, as the music was going Elder Paulson and I are such Pallasos (clowns)! But some of the ladies from the ward afterwards came and thanked us for being such fun and exciting missionaries! There were a lot of other missionaries there at the activity but they were all just sitting on the wall like they were at a stake dance again! Well ya`ll know that’s not what I’m about! So we were gettin’ the party going, it was so much fun! I’m so glad that we were able to pile in a fifteen passenger van and go up there to Tome for that activity with our Branch!
The reason we went to the activity was for interviews for family Millar and food, but we hardly ate anything because we were so nervous! After the interviews Carolina said to Rodrigo she did not want to get baptized and so Rodrigo went back in with Elder Egan, my zone leader and they talked for a while and he told Rodrigo that he needed to go home that night sit his family down and tell them what he wanted! Rodrigo said that he was going to get baptized this Saturday with or without them. He bore his testimony to them and well we did not know what would come of it until the next day! We passed by and Carolina was a new person she was so much happier and was asking who was going to baptize her and what not! I really know that we have leaders for a reason so that we can better ourselves and our own families in their lives! This is the same for us!! We have leaders called of God in our own lives! Are we listening to all of their advice for us! Are we obeying what they asked and challenge us to do! If not we need to look and evaluate our own lives and see what we need to do better where we need to work more! I know this to be true and strive to do so in my daily life!
I love you all and want to share a story from one of my converts! This story is very precious to me and to Manuel! Seven years ago Manuel was an alcoholic! Wine was his thing, pricy and really addictive! He would down wine like a mad man! He said he burned through money on the weekends! He was getting to the point in his life that wine was more important to him than his ten year old daughter, his 1 year old son, and his wife! He was drinking all of their money away, their money for food and for fire wood! One day it was ridiculously cold and they were practically freezing to death! And his daughter said to his dad as they went to buy wood but had no money, “Daddy your not going to drink anymore are you?” That day 7 years ago he has not drank alcohol since! The reason I shared this story is because I know that our Heavenly Father prepares us all in different ways we are all his children and he gives us all different challenges in our lives! As Manuel shared this story bawling his eyes out I felt the spirit testifying through him to everybody else in the chapel! The first time I met Manuel he did not want to talk hardly but now he loves to pass the sacrament in his boots jeans and tie! He is one person that will change his family! The father figure or those men in our lives who are worthy priesthood holders make all the difference! I’m so filled with joy to know that this family is preparing to go to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity. This is my humble message that our Heavenly Father changes our hearts that He wants all of His children to live with him again! I know my Savior lives; I know he gave his life for me! For this I am indebted to Him forever!
Mosiah 2:22-24
I know this to be true and am willing and ready to serve him to try and repay him of my debt! Yeah all he requires of you is to keep his commandments! Please Family, friends never cease your service to for the lord! In turn you will be blessed! Please always remember and never doubt that I love you all!
Love Forever,
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock!
P.S. Yes, Auntie Karen I got two dear elders from you and a hand written letter from Grammy. I don’t know how many you all have sent?!
![]() |
| So we found out if you soak cigarettes in milk and then let them dry When someone smokes them it makes them really sick so they want to throw up |
Our investigators have tried to quit so many times...
so they were willing to have us try this!
![]() |
| In Tomé for a delicious dessert competition with 18 from our Branch |
Andreas Moreno
![]() |
| The Elders NOT homemade dessert we brought!?!? |
Elder Paulson and I worked really hard ????
![]() |
| Elder Catron and I are such Pallasos (clowns)! |
Sergio Jr. Me and Sergio Sr. Mareno
Branch Marella
Familia Millar
![]() |
| Squished in the van! |
![]() |
| Our ride back to Dichato |
![]() |
| Glad I brought my duct tape... I repaired the hole in my rain pants. Notice how wet they are!?! |



























No comments:
Post a Comment