Monday, March 11, 2013

I CAN FEEL MY CALVES GROWING AS WE SPEAK!


That may be a bit of an exaggeration but it really feels like it. Every morning I get out of bed and stand up and about fall flat on my face! Stretches have become a necessity if I plan to be able to move. My companion sometimes has a hard time keeping up with me, especially when we are late! You all know how much I like being late so we run to a lot of our appointments! Ha-what can I say it’s the Lords time! I’m not complaining about to hiking because it’s keeping me in some kind of shape.

Real quick just wanted to wish Alaya, Dustin, and Andreas Happy Birthdays this week. I’m thinking of you all and love you!

As for weight I left the MTC at a healthy 175, I just weighed myself and I’m at about 165-167. Well without the food I would be a lot less. The food is amazing! I love it! We have-yes a lot of rice, but they cook it in broth stuff with a lot of beef and chicken. I have yet to have sea food so I’m kinda happy about that. We eat so much bread I love it-it is phenomenal! Some food stuff here looks pretty sketchy but it tastes great. They were not joking when they said the lunches are huge... Well it’s the truth I love it! Steven and Uncle Derick the “completos” and “sopapillas” are the best! The completo is huge-it’s like a subway bun with a single hotdog in it then a ton of tomatoes, then guacamole, then some kind of nacho cheese stuff they cover the top with. I love them! Then the sopapillas taste like yours mom but are a little heavier and smaller but are so good! Yes I do eat all the tomatoes and guacamole. The tomatoes still are not my favorite but they are growing on me, it is probably Heavenly Father just helping me out. Soda! We drink so much of it- it’s gross- but it’s better than the water! Ha! I swear when I sweat I can taste Coke, Pepsi, and Orange soda :) It’s really weird but at least I have not been sick huh!

Well the picture thing is working (I am downloading pictures into your account) that is why my email is going to be a little shorter this week but hey its worth it! My pictures tell stories! Most the pictures I have already explained, some self explanatory, and some are just random :)
 
Well something for Uncle Derick I’m not to bad at soccer or everybody else was just taking it easy on me! We had a zone on zone soccer game this morning. We rented a turf field. It was way fun probably because we won! Me and Elder CatrĂ²n from Argentina, Buenos Aires were balling it up. Zone Tome( my team) Won 6-1. I scored 3 goals it was great! All the native futbol players asked me if I had played before and if I was going to play after. I said no and probably would not?!? But I thought you would be proud of this gringo for showing em’ that Americans do play soccer!!!!

As for the language I’m picking more stuff up but it’s still frustrating and very emotional. I know that without the Lord and our Heavenly Father’s help, I could never learn a language. The natives say I’m getting better.

As for the marriage I told you about, well it was not a marriage yet. I just didn’t understand they are getting married the 22 of March and baptized the 23-the language barrier. It is very happy-I’m so happy.

So Heavenly Father really helped me out this week! I truly know that it was souly through him that this experience happened. One of the eternal investigators that we have, who has been an investigator from last April-so just about a year, has never read or prayed but he really wants to get baptized. As we were tracting Friday this impression came to my mind- “Fabian cant read!!!” We went to their house last night and I asked Fabian to read a scripture. He is about a 45- 50 year old man. He dropped his head and told me I can’t see it, its too small!!! The Lord does work through us. I know this to be true!! So I told him I would help him read it he just needed to try. Needless to say I’m ordering a big copy of the scriptures for him. Then I asked him to pray, he said he didn’t want to, I said “Fabian Heavenly Father loves you and wants to hear from you. Every prayer is accepted by God.” I helped him say a short but fervent prayer aloud as we do with Garth, Colt, Mikayla and the rest of the grand kids. I would say the words and he would repeat them. After he said “Amen”, he had a giant smile on his face and his hands were shaking soo bad out of pure nervousness. I said it was amazing and that I know it’s hard to pray. I’m learning a new language, things are hard in life. He said I just am too nervous in front of people, I know your feelings, and I’ve been speaking a different language for 7 weeks, oh 8 just kidding! I said to him and then the more you do it the easier it gets. Spanish is getting better my ears are learning and I’m picking it up faster. All the natives say I’m doing better so it makes me happy to hear that.

Heavenly father and Jesus Christ love us. Always remember that all of your pains and trials that you have gone through, are going through and will go through Jesus already has gone through. Keep close to Him, keep the commandments and we all will continue to be blessed.

Thank you mom I received my birthday package the 5th of March. I love you all. Thank you David- ha I wore my tie already thank you, It went to Africa, Utah and Wyoming and just think the next one to have it in the family is Garth! Pretty crazy! Alma 34: 32-34 the Lord is hastening his work we have no time to slack off!

Mom I uploaded about 50 pictures or so hope you get them. I hope it all works great. Know that I love you all and that I’m trying to represent my family as well as I can.

I love you all, 
Elder Dillon Denzlo Hancock

PS-Thank you family for the pictures (Happy Birthday from the nieces and nephews) I love them and momma can you send me some hats one of my fox hats or something. Also can you send me a nice u of a hat for Elder Catron He loves hats but does not have any because they are so expensive in Argentina so he is getting me a Argentina futbol Jersey and ill get him a hat thank you mom. I love you with all my heart. I have our family picture taped in the inside cover of my scriptures. That way I have the two most important things with me in my life-the gospel and my family. Love you so much and hope the pictures work, oh and tell Dustin and Meg congrats on their play set and I would love to help put it up but well he might have to take a rain check for another project.

This is was our "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" we sent to Dillon
(What an adventure-all the little ones but baby Bennett was asleep) 

(Notice Alaya pushing off her baby sister Kinzie)
What a hoot! Thanks for all the "helpers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment